Specs:
    21.5" iMac, 500GB HD, 8GB RAM, 32GB iPhone 4S Black, 32GB iPod Touch
    Anyway Of Finding Properties On Files?
    I've recently switched from a PC to a Mac and transferred over a lot of video files. I had information on the videos in the properties but can't access that on a Mac. Is there any way? Thanks.

Specs:
    iMac: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini2, iPhone5s
    Try Right Click, 'Get Info'.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Specs:
    1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
    Where did you set the properties? NTFS had some extra "stuff" for media that was only available in NTFS. So if you tried to copy it to a fat32 partition the properties would be lost. Same would be true if you copied them to your Mac.

So I have a NTFS hard drive that I can mount on my Mac - I can't see any of the titles, times, comments, etc from the Mac - but if I mount it on the windows partition(boot camp or parallels) all the data is still there.

If it isn't an NTFS thing then you'll probably have to provide more info.

Specs:
    balloons the
    Get Info shows nothing. They were just mp4 files, with things filled in under comments.

Specs:
    13.3" MacBook, non-Pro, Snow Leopard
    Try going into a terminal in the folder containing the files and type "ls -l -F"; the properties will be listed with "rwx" for Read, Write, and Execute; the first three options are for the file owner, the second for the group, the third for everyone else, so you'll see something like rwxr-xr-x meaning the owner can do anything, and everyone else can read and execute the file.
    "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone" ~ Bjarne Stroustrup, father of the C++ programming language

Specs:
    I'm a complete novice, how do I open the terminal file?

Specs:
    13.3" MacBook, non-Pro, Snow Leopard
    In your Mac HD, go into Applications (or there should be an Applications folder already on your dock if you've got Snow Leopard), then Utilities, then Terminal.

You'll have to get used to navigating the command line; changing directories is the same as it was under DOS, so "cd {directory name}" to drill down and "cd .." to go up one level.

The ls command is the equivalent of DIR; I've forgotten what the -l and -F switches stand for, I just do ls -l -F --color every time
    "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone" ~ Bjarne Stroustrup, father of the C++ programming language

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
    Also when I had Finder issues, someone mentioned a program called Easyfind (free) It's a great app, but there are also many other programs finder replacements.. Googling will find some free or pay.. I'm not sure tho you might have lost your comments tho unless you have the originals and you might be able to find a way to salvage them.
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Thread Information