Question thumb drive? keyboard?
    I just bought my first imac after 20+ years as a windows user. The last two years I dabbled with ubuntu. I have a few questions.

1. I have all of my documents and pictures on thumb drives and I certainly hope I can transfer them easily. Can I? Where do you even insert a thumb drive on these? In the back?
    2. I find the grey on these keys difficult to read. Is there anyplace to get keyboard stickers for a Mac? I have searched, but they all appear to be for Windows keyboards?!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    1. You plug in your flash or thumb drives to the appropriate USB ports. Your iMac manual shows you where they're located.

2. If you can't read the keyboard because of its size, buy the $49.99 large aluminum keyboard with numeric keypad and use it instead of the mini that ships with the iMac. The keys are white not gray.

Regards.

Specs:
    15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
    Quote Originally Posted by 2roombas View Post
    I just bought my first imac after 20+ years as a windows user. The last two years I dabbled with ubuntu. I have a few questions.

1. I have all of my documents and pictures on thumb drives and I certainly hope I can transfer them easily. Can I? Where do you even insert a thumb drive on these? In the back?
    2. I find the grey on these keys difficult to read. Is there anyplace to get keyboard stickers for a Mac? I have searched, but they all appear to be for Windows keyboards?!
    Welcome to the Mac revolution! Yes you're thumb drive is compatible, just stick it into a USB port, which is the port you stuck it in on your windows machine, and you should be good to go. They are on the back of the iMacs. just drag and drop the fiels to wherever you want them to be. I am honeslty not aware of stickers for the Mac keybaords, but I can understand what you mean by them being hard to read for some. You could try using your old keyboard from your Windows machine and see how that works for you. I honestly have never tried doing so, but I have used a Mac keyboard on a Pc and it works. You can also look online for a black Mac keyboard as well. Good luck to you!
    -Matt

Thread Information