Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rypod81
    Safari Bookmark tabs?
    im a fairly new switchover from PC. got myself a TiBook. I always used firefox on my sony, but since safari is bundled, would rather use that on Mac, since formulated for it. problem is, I cant seem to figure out how to get the bookmarks tab in safari to dock on the left side of the window (a la FireFox and IE)...is there a way to do this? really a pain to have to open the entire bookmarks page and obscure what I was looking at...

HELP

Tel
    If you add bookmarks that you visit often to the "bookmark bar" folder then they will all be onscreen constantly just under your URL bar. That way you dont have to obscure any part of what you was viewing.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    I don't think safari can do that, at least it can't in panther. have you tried making a folder in the bookmark bar under the url and adding things you need to access quickly or regularly into that?

Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    Yep, Tel is right. That's what I do. You can put most frequently accessed bookmarks there or you can insert even more bookmarks in the bar by organizing them by folders, which works wonders, if you have too many bookmarks that will extent beyond the size of the bar. This doesn't solve your problem, but it's really just a workaround.

rypod81
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by iWhat
    Yep, Tel is right. That's what I do. You can put most frequently accessed bookmarks there or you can insert even more bookmarks in the bar by organizing them by folders, which works wonders, if you have too many bookmarks that will extent beyond the size of the bar. This doesn't solve your problem, but it's really just a workaround.

hmm, well i'll have to try that. been using FF and liking it, but im sure safari runs faster...thanks for the help,!

Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    click on the little icon in the top right that looks like book, it brings up all your book mark folders on the side like ie and firefox on the pc. I have tiger, but i think I remember seeing it back when I was using pather.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

rypod81
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
    click on the little icon in the top right that looks like book, it brings up all your book mark folders on the side like ie and firefox on the pc. I have tiger, but i think I remember seeing it back when I was using pather.
    when i do that it converts the entire window into a large white screen with the bookmarks on them, but this white screen totally obscures the actual webpage...perhaps there is a setting to reduce to borders of this tab?

Tel
    No, thats your bookmark view, the place you go to if you want to see every page you've bookmarked. If you want quick and easy access to a few favorite sites then put them into the bookmark bar, you can also put folders in the bookmark bar to categorize you bookmarks. It also displays the number of unread RSS feeds, view all unread RSS articles and open all pages of a particular folder in tabs, it really is a quite powerful tool, it should be able to meet your every need.

rypod81
    awesome, i threw some folders in there, and a few pages. excellent and everything is workin great! thanks for the help!

Tel
    Another satisfied customer. My work here is done. *walks graciously into sunset*

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel
    Another satisfied customer. My work here is done. *walks graciously into sunset*
    LOL good job Tel...
    My Website
    Blog

Tel
    I like the way he didn't rep me though

rypod81
    thanks again!

"rep" ...que es eso??

Specs:
    user reputation system, on the right with the check and the x... click on it check positive or negitive... in this case if you liked him possitive, then type why you liked him (this is optional) then all it to his rep points.
    My Website
    Blog

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel
    I like the way he didn't rep me though
    don't worry about it, I haven't gotten repped positively in months and I know I've helped plenty of people, a lot of people it seems have stopped using it, or just ignore it.

Thread Information