New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Keyboard/USB input to click/button macro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bentity

bentity is on a distinguished road

Greetings all,
I got my first Mac(a macbook pro) several months ago, for music production purposes. I also play online poker, which, when playing more than one table at once can be hard on the wrist. I know how to play the games with my keyboard or a joystick on my PC, but am totally lost for the mac. I found a program called Autopilot, but don't know how to use it, or if it will work at all.

I'm currently not(but speak up if you have knowledge!) interested in a macro for playing games that would require manipulating a slider(for bet sizing in no-limit or pot-limit games), so I will have up to 3 options at any point in a hand(bet, fold, raise). If I could map a keystroke or USB input to clicking these buttons, I would be happy. Basically what I'm looking for is a program that will, for example, click in a predetermined location when I press the 'q' button, or any other button.

sorry if this is too specific/weird/whatever, and thanks for the help
QUOTE Thanks
bentity

it appears that I might be able to do this through Automator, Automator Virtual Input, and keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences, but when I set it up, it took ~3 seconds to process. The response time needs to be near instantaneous, or it's useless. does anyone know if it'll be faster if I buy the full version of Automator Virtual Input?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bentity

nobody?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cant remote desktop by name to windows machines | 17" PowerBook vs 20" iMac »