New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Need opinions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HonestIllusion

HonestIllusion is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.

Ok I'm planning on buying a specific MBP this month or next month. I was posting in a forum asking some questions, and someone messages me and says that they have the exact spec MBP I'm wanting to buy. They gave the me serial and it says the warranty is up on June 5th 2011 which means it's 5 days old right?

Funny thing is that it turns out he lives in the city directly next to me.

He is coming by tomorrow to let me see the computer. This is the first Mac I have bought. What do I need to look for to make sure I should buy it? He even agreed to take it up to the Apple store with me to have them run a diagnostic and such.

Seems too good to be true, but I talked to him for about 30 minutes over the phone and everything seems legit. Just thought I could get some opinions about the whole thing on here.

Don't know what I'm supposed to say, but I keep speaking these words anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I would have a few friends (big guys) with me, if I were you for protection. Can't be too safe.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
I would have a few friends (big guys) with me, if I were you for protection. Can't be too safe.
What he said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
You don't need "BIG guys" if you're meeting someone in a public place like McDonald's or Panera Bread...where they have free WIFI as well to test the Airport.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Make sure he has the installation disks
QUOTE Thanks
zacharace

zacharace is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
You don't need "BIG guys" if you're meeting someone in a public place like McDonald's or Panera Bread...where they have free WIFI as well to test the Airport.

- Nick
I would insist on meeting him in a public place and not at your house. Other than that, just make sure everything's working. Good deals are still to be had.
QUOTE Thanks
tdietz87

tdietz87 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestIllusion View Post
Ok I'm planning on buying a specific MBP this month or next month. I was posting in a forum asking some questions, and someone messages me and says that they have the exact spec MBP I'm wanting to buy. They gave the me serial and it says the warranty is up on June 5th 2011 which means it's 5 days old right?

Funny thing is that it turns out he lives in the city directly next to me.

He is coming by tomorrow to let me see the computer. This is the first Mac I have bought. What do I need to look for to make sure I should buy it? He even agreed to take it up to the Apple store with me to have them run a diagnostic and such.

Seems too good to be true, but I talked to him for about 30 minutes over the phone and everything seems legit. Just thought I could get some opinions about the whole thing on here.
If the laptops 5 days old you really need to consider why wouldn't he just return it to the store and get a full refund.

Also if it IS 5 days old how much is he willing to knock off the retail price to sell it. I wouldn't imagine it to be significant. And if its only saving a few bucks do you think it would be worth saving just a tad longer for better piece of mind.

But do what you wish, I don't want to be a downer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail | Mail not opening... »