Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need opinions

  1. #1

    HonestIllusion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 29, 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    65
    Specs:
    Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
    Need opinions
    Ok I'm planning on buying a specific MBP this month or next month. I was posting in a forum asking some questions, and someone messages me and says that they have the exact spec MBP I'm wanting to buy. They gave the me serial and it says the warranty is up on June 5th 2011 which means it's 5 days old right?

    Funny thing is that it turns out he lives in the city directly next to me.

    He is coming by tomorrow to let me see the computer. This is the first Mac I have bought. What do I need to look for to make sure I should buy it? He even agreed to take it up to the Apple store with me to have them run a diagnostic and such.

    Seems too good to be true, but I talked to him for about 30 minutes over the phone and everything seems legit. Just thought I could get some opinions about the whole thing on here.
    Don't know what I'm supposed to say, but I keep speaking these words anyway.

  2. #2

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,625
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I would have a few friends (big guys) with me, if I were you for protection. Can't be too safe.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  3. #3

    iKitten's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 22, 2007
    Location
    arizona desert
    Posts
    1,409
    Specs:
    2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    I would have a few friends (big guys) with me, if I were you for protection. Can't be too safe.
    What he said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
    Girls with macs are so cute.
    "Suffer the little children..." compassion.com

  4. #4

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    35,719
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    I would have a few friends (big guys) with me, if I were you for protection. Can't be too safe.
    You don't need "BIG guys" if you're meeting someone in a public place like McDonald's or Panera Bread...where they have free WIFI as well to test the Airport.

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  5. #5

    Oneironaut's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 23, 2009
    Posts
    1,342
    Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Make sure he has the installation disks

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Jul 09, 2008
    Location
    Bexley, OH, USA
    Posts
    191
    Specs:
    alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    You don't need "BIG guys" if you're meeting someone in a public place like McDonald's or Panera Bread...where they have free WIFI as well to test the Airport.

    - Nick
    I would insist on meeting him in a public place and not at your house. Other than that, just make sure everything's working. Good deals are still to be had.

  7. #7

    tdietz87's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 31, 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    26
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb
    governor peace
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestIllusion View Post
    Ok I'm planning on buying a specific MBP this month or next month. I was posting in a forum asking some questions, and someone messages me and says that they have the exact spec MBP I'm wanting to buy. They gave the me serial and it says the warranty is up on June 5th 2011 which means it's 5 days old right?

    Funny thing is that it turns out he lives in the city directly next to me.

    He is coming by tomorrow to let me see the computer. This is the first Mac I have bought. What do I need to look for to make sure I should buy it? He even agreed to take it up to the Apple store with me to have them run a diagnostic and such.

    Seems too good to be true, but I talked to him for about 30 minutes over the phone and everything seems legit. Just thought I could get some opinions about the whole thing on here.
    If the laptops 5 days old you really need to consider why wouldn't he just return it to the store and get a full refund.

    Also if it IS 5 days old how much is he willing to knock off the retail price to sell it. I wouldn't imagine it to be significant. And if its only saving a few bucks do you think it would be worth saving just a tad longer for better piece of mind.

    But do what you wish, I don't want to be a downer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. opinions on what to do
    By mjb94 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 03:23 PM
  2. I need some opinions as soon as possible
    By gta3005 in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
  3. In need of some opinions
    By bduce_81 in forum Music, Audio, and Podcasting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 06:55 PM
  4. Opinions please
    By tangram in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 02:17 PM
  5. I could use your opinions, please
    By iNAP in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •