New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Newb keyboard question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

daniels123

daniels123 is on a distinguished road

I just ordered a mini and it should be here by he weekend. My current PC does not have a USB keyboard so I need a new key board. I was wondering if there is any keyboards out there that are not Apple brand but have the Apple features? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Yes. There are also keyboards that are made for both. I have one made by Matias. Just go to an electronics store. Happy shopping!
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Macally and Kenningston have keyboards specifically made for Mac. Logitech have Mac compatible keyboards but they are not specially made for Mac. This means they just have software drivers so that all their special keyboards features work on Mac.

There are probably others keyboard brands if you do a search. Pretty much all USB keyboards work on Macs. It's just they don't have the Mac specific keys but there are equivalent keys on Windows keyboards. If you are touch typists it makes it a pain to go back and forth between Mac and Windows keyboards.
QUOTE Thanks
daniels123

daniels123 is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I really like the Macally because it's only $20 so that will be a plus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« pale prints | ipod touch with new purchase »