New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

ipod touch with new purchase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NyoGoat

NyoGoat is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB

Apple is not doing a deal where if you buy a new mac with an education discount you get a free ipod touch with it. I bought my imac with an education discount in the beginning of march. LAME
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Ok, your statement doesn't make much sense - they are running that deal right now but the way the deal works is you purchase the Mac with the Educational discount, and during purchase you're given the option to purchase an iPod touch and then you'll later receive a rebate that covers the cost of the iPod touch.

Granted, you don't get a free iPod at the time of purchase, but in the long run it would be free as you'd be getting your money back.

Now, back in March, I don't know if they were running this deal or not. I happened to get myself a new 13" MBP back in May and it was offered to me (I work for a school).

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
NyoGoat

Mac Specs: 21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB

It was not offered in march. I was just complaining that I missed out on the free ipod.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Ahhh, ok - now I got you. Reading your original post makes it seem that Apple isn't offering that deal at all, then you reference your purchase in March.

Do you know when they started the deal? If it was close enough to when you purchased your system, you might be able to get Apple to allow you into the iPod deal.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyoGoat View Post
Apple is not doing a deal where if you buy a new mac with an education discount you get a free ipod touch with it. I bought my imac with an education discount in the beginning of march. LAME
Quote:
It was not offered in march. I was just complaining that I missed out on the free ipod.
This isn't the first year that Apple had run this "free" iPod promotion. If you wanted the free iPod, you should have waited!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
NyoGoat

I'm fairly new to mac, I haven't watched their deals at all until I decided to buy one. My PC crashed, that is to say the hard drive failed and the power supply was failing, so I bought in march out of necessity anyway. I'm happy with the mac, but I would have been happier with a mac and an ipod
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newb keyboard question | You need to restart? »