New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Places

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jnsuffolk

jnsuffolk is on a distinguished road

I would like to add a new place to this section Can it be done. Just to be clear this is in finder. My places are My name, Applications and Documents. I would lke to add a folder in there that says Pics.
QUOTE Thanks
Ksenia

Ksenia is on a distinguished road

Just drag the folder there? I just tried it and it worked.
QUOTE Thanks
Mickyfin

Mickyfin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite

Agreed, just drag and drop. I just did it to show you, and highlighted the two additional places I added, Pictures, and downloads.

See below.

QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

And to remove one, drag it off the Sidebar. Poof! It's gone.
QUOTE Thanks
jnsuffolk

jnsuffolk is on a distinguished road

Thanx I figure it out . Got another question. When I bring up my dock. I have a folder for my apps. Click on it and its set to grid and they all come up. Its there a way to organize them to my preferences.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

CTRL+click on the Application button and you can change the layout and the sort order. But beyond that, you don't have any more control..

I kinda like the alphabetical and grid method..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all

Anybody know the difference between View As Grid and Automatic?

I like List, because I can go down a level without opening a folder.
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

View as Grid will always make the items in a stack appear in a grid, no matter how many items are in it. Automatic will switch between a fan view and grid depending on how many items are in a stack. The more items in the stack, the more likely they will be arranged in a grid.

QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

Thanks! I have one Stack with 8 items. After playing with it for a bit, I've concluded that the maximum number that will display in a Fan is 7. Now, that might vary with the size selected for Dock icons, or maybe it's universal. ??
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Warranty and pirated software | Leap forward »