New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Macbook Pro 13" Add on's

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ThePacMan

ThePacMan is on a distinguished road

Hey All,

Im new to the mac and and the mac forums, im going to be making the switch to a macbook pro 13" in the very near future. Im wondering if anyone can recommend some good accessories, I have been looking at the Moshi Palm Guard, Moshi Ivisor AG and a Speck seethru satin. Have any of you used the Palmguard and the Speck Seethru together, I have heard that the hard case will not go on without damaging the palm guard.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Cheers
PacMan
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Never used any of those but I do use a Brenthaven case for transport.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

+1 to the brenthaven. I've got the sling I and it's pwn for my 13 inch MBP and all of my recording accessories (cables and a couple mics and stuff).
QUOTE Thanks
tdietz87

tdietz87 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb

I use the simple incase sleeve in combination with a soft briefcase and it seems to do the trick.

I am interested as to any input on the clear satin case you are referring to as well.
QUOTE Thanks
ThePacMan

ThePacMan is on a distinguished road

My brother uses the incase sleeve however i will be on the go with my Macbook and will be traveling a lot over the near as to why i'm looking for so much extra protection. Any advise would be great.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
zacharace

zacharace is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc

I've always been a proponent of "naked beauty"--I have no case on my iPhone, nothing on my alMB, etc. Apple's natural beauty doesn't need any dressing up

That's not very helpful, yes, but just my .02. Good luck finding a case that works.
QUOTE Thanks
tdietz87

tdietz87 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePacMan View Post
My brother uses the incase sleeve however i will be on the go with my Macbook and will be traveling a lot over the near as to why i'm looking for so much extra protection. Any advise would be great.

Cheers
For extreme protection, the Brenthaven bag is really nice. It is what my girlfriend uses (the $80 one) and its really solid. It has hard plastic inside, as well as plenty of foam padding around the plastic on both outside and inside. I spent $900 on a gucci briefcase and it doesn't do 5% the job the brenthaven does.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdietz87 View Post
For extreme protection, the Brenthaven bag is really nice. It is what my girlfriend uses (the $80 one) and its really solid. It has hard plastic inside, as well as plenty of foam padding around the plastic on both outside and inside. I spent $900 on a gucci briefcase and it doesn't do 5% the job the brenthaven does.
Not to mention it has pockets and compartments for the power supply,ear buds,flashdrives,cd/dvd's,portable hard drive,ethernet and assorted cables.
QUOTE Thanks
popcantoo

popcantoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharace View Post
I've always been a proponent of "naked beauty"--I have no case on my iPhone, nothing on my alMB, etc. Apple's natural beauty doesn't need any dressing up
lol I used to do that... But then I dropped my iPhone a few too many times and it started getting pretty dinged up so i have a silicone case now... Makes it less slippery
If only I wasn't so clumsy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Questions | New User - Software Equivalents »