New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iPod deal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HonestIllusion

HonestIllusion is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.

It looks like in order to get the iPod deal when I buy my MBP next month, that I actually have to come up with the $200 to buy the iPod, and then it will be rebated... is this true? I'd really like to go for the deal, but I don't think I'll have an extra $200.

Don't know what I'm supposed to say, but I keep speaking these words anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
tdietz87

tdietz87 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestIllusion View Post
It looks like in order to get the iPod deal when I buy my MBP next month, that I actually have to come up with the $200 to buy the iPod, and then it will be rebated... is this true? I'd really like to go for the deal, but I don't think I'll have an extra $200.
Unfortunately, Yes, you must have the funds to purchase the ipod, wait 4-6 weeks for the rebate (4 to 6 weeks is a complete guess)

I was stuck, and couldn't get the ipod myself due to the same conflict.
QUOTE Thanks
lucky7

lucky7 is on a distinguished road

mine arrives tomorrow, but the same reason as to why i didn't get the printer.

but yes you are correct, you have to purchase it and then get the $200 rebate.

-27" iMac. Core 2 Duo, 1TB HD, 4GB Ram.
-13" MacBook Pro. Core 2 Duo, 250GB HD, 4GB Ram.
-iPhone 3GS 32GB.
-AirPort Extreme.
QUOTE Thanks
zacharace

zacharace is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
mine arrives tomorrow, but the same reason as to why i didn't get the printer.

but yes you are correct, you have to purchase it and then get the $200 rebate.
Yep...I have a feeling this will prevent a lot of people from actually taking advantage of the offer. "The killer's in the details..."
QUOTE Thanks
joshbrez

joshbrez will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharace View Post
Yep...I have a feeling this will prevent a lot of people from actually taking advantage of the offer. "The killer's in the details..."
I doubt it very much. Apple's back-to-school deals have been a recurring thing for several years now, so clearly they're at least moderately successful.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

So they're not doing the instant in-store rebate anymore ? When we got our first MacBook Pro, they did the deduction in store. Got a free iPod, and a big rebate on a printer.

D
QUOTE Thanks
tdietz87

tdietz87 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb

I feel it will be successful, just not so much for the students paying for their own computers. I would imagine (yes, this is speculation) more than half the macbooks sold to students were bought by the parents (since macs are more "elite/expensive"), and probably have credit card that can hold the $200 on a bill til rebate with minimal interest.

But for the less fortunate without a spare 200 or a creditcard its a bummer

I just bought my first macbook (first apple anything, new "switcher" here) yesterday, the +$1400 after tax and a case was more than I could afford as it was. But I feel fortunate just to have such an awesome machine

EDIT: In some states, by law they must produce the discount immediately...I think I remember seeing "except where prohibited by law" in the fine print somewhere
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
EDIT: In some states, by law they must produce the discount immediately...I think I remember seeing "except where prohibited by law" in the fine print somewhere
Most resellers get around state laws by advertising it as a "rebate" not a discount. I usually stay away from rebate offers because I've been burned in the past by them. In other words, the rebate never arrives and the rebater never responds to your inquiries and so on. However, with Apple you know your rebate is going to arrive. It may take a while but you'll get it.

But I do understand not everyone has a spare $200 laying around to invest in a free iPod.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New new new | screen brightning/dimming? »