Specs:
    macbook 13"
    doesnt read some dvd's
    Hi there! As a few other weird problems, l realised a new problem. After l format and install my new snow leopard disc, my dvd reader started not to read most dvds and cds..But it reads snow leopard installation discs or another document disc which was one of my copies before formatting. But l have other same dvds exactly the same to save documents before formatting, which it doesnt read. l didnt understand the reason. Should l go to the service or can l solve my own? Please help and tell me what to do detailed. (P.s. those copy of dvds had been created in macbook before format to save my documents, and other pc s read the discs. Also it doesnt see the tv series dvds)

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15"
    What brands are the discs that don't read? Some people say macs are fussy about which brand but I never got a clear as to which brands work.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieJustin View Post
    What brands are the discs that don't read? Some people say macs are fussy about which brand but I never got a clear as to which brands work.

It's the Writing of DVD's that is picky on certain brands of blank DVDs. I have never had issues reading any brand of DVD/CD that was burned correctly.

I have had issues burning some Memorex DVD Blanks for example.

Specs:
    macbook 13"
    l dont think the problem is about brand or burning...l am really having strange problems that l cant solve..first was not loading youtube even l use google public dns and second is not reading dvd/cds.. it never did such a thing before upgrading the system..it always read the discs..and if there was a problem with burning then the other pc wouldnt read too :S oh by the way thanks to the mod.s that l had offered them to put quick reply part and they have did

Thread Information