New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OMG yay.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dominion

Dominion is on a distinguished road

Posting this from my brandnew iBook. I called Apple yesterday to ***** about how my book was supposed to be expidted on shipping and it was saying I wouldn't have it till late next week and they said "well we apologize and we'll put you in for overnight"

And omg the fedex man never saw a happier guy at 7am. Yay for living near a HUGE fedex hub

I'll have pictures up later today as soon as I can figure out how to connect my camera to this thing with USB (I got the plug down, I just can't seem to figure out where to find the camera)

And if anyone has any ideas, the camera is a Canon SD100.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Congrats on the new iBook.

I think the hardest part will be finding the camera honestly. :cool: It should just be able to plug right into your iBook, even without installing anything.
QUOTE Thanks
oldnews

oldnews is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz

I own a Canon SD300 and all I need to do is plug the camera into the USB slot, have the camera to preview mode and then turn the power on. This automatically prompts Iphoto open, it then asks you to import the photo's etc and your done.

Hope it works out for you.
QUOTE Thanks
Dominion

Dominion is on a distinguished road

Yea, I was stupid and forgot to put it on preview mode. Doh! lol but I got a picture uploaded, to my gallery.

My new iBook
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Congrats on your new system.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

congrats on your new ibook!! i know i was pretty excited to see the fedex guy.

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
claudius753

claudius753 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB

Arrrggh! I have a iMac but since I got it I seem to want every single other Mac that Apple makes too....need....iBook....PowerBook....PowerMac!!!!! They're all so nice.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I didn't have to worry with shipping I just decided one day that I was going to drive for an hour and a half to the nearest Apple Store so I didn't have to wait! :mac:

Nathan Sweeney

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System if someone helps you out!
Come and help save lives by Folding
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudius753
Arrrggh! I have a iMac but since I got it I seem to want every single other Mac that Apple makes too....need....iBook....PowerBook....PowerMac!!!!! They're all so nice.
I feel your pain.... I have an iBook, Powerbook, and a iMac..... Now I just need the Powermac and maybe a Mini (cause their cute) and I'll finally be happy.

Once again... thank you Apple... for giving me more reasons I HAVE to empty my wallet than I know what to do with. LOL

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« All my old Games? | switched at last! but need some advice... »