New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

TNEF with latest OS10 .6.3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Spartan07

Spartan07 is on a distinguished road

I have just upgraded to latest OS10. Received a couple of windat attachments the last couple of days and when they open using TNEF there is only a few characters shown.

Is TNEF still working?

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Spartan07

Hi,

TNEF seems to have stopped working for me. When I drag a winmail.dat file it just displays a few characters nothing else. I would be grateful if someone would let me know if they are still working ok with TNEF as I am fairly sure there was an OS update last week which might be causing the problem.

Thanks,

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged duplicate threads

If no one here is using this app, it's time to shoot an email to the developer.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Davanw

Davanw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP

What is TNEF?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The one I'm familiar with allows you to read those .dat files you sometimes receive in emails because Outlook will send some attachments in a non-standard format that basically no other mail app can read - incl'g Outlook Express (if any one is still using that).

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Spartan07

bobtomay is correct. Works really well but has stopped doing so over the last few days. I have emailed the developers but I thought it would have been widely used by users on this board as this is where i found out about it.

Mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Email was hacked, new to Macs please help! | apple store »