New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iTunes-moving from PC to MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

queenjillybean

queenjillybean is on a distinguished road

I am about ready to power on my new MBP that I brought home on Friday...and start the transfer from PC to Mac...my biggest concern is all of my data that I purchased and have on the iTunes account on my PC laptop...
I was reading somewhere that once video is downloaded to iTunes on a PC- it can not be transferred to Mac b/c it is downloaded in Windows format? My PC laptop is the only authorized computer on my iTunes account- and I have my iPhone- which has all or most of my iTunes data on it too...
All I want to do it move the iTunes account and ALL of the audiobooks and video / some music- all were iTunes purchases- from over to the MacBook Pro- keeping the same log-in, passwords etc...is this possible? what is the least complicated way? Please forgive my ignorance- I have spent the last 2 days reading and researching and seem to be getting mixed info...Plus, I have been technologically traumatized by PC issues...
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

You can authorize up to 5 computers for a single iTunes account. This sort of thing is already covered on the board though. Regardless, you shouldn't have any problems. How to back up your media in iTunes
How Do I Move My iTunes Library from PC to Mac and Keep My Settings Intact :: My First Mac - Help Buying and Getting Started with Your New Mac
The Official "How To Transfer Your iPod or iTunes Library to Your New Mac" Thread

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« just came home with MBP-bootcamp/ MS question | Edited a photo in Ipreview but reverts »