New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Magic Mouse does not glide well on my wooden desk, thinkng of picking up mighty mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shenfrey

shenfrey is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if the mighty mouse is smoother to move around on a wooden service then the magic mouse? I have a logitech G5 that i use for PC which glides like a treat, was wondering if the mighty mouse was the same. if so, i think i may need to pick up, sure the multi-touch is nice on the magic mouse but i just don't like the smoothness of it and the way it sounds when im gliding it along due to the rubbery/plastic feet.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I actually prefer the Mighty Mouse... for now. It has 4 buttons and works perfectly, except for times when the scroll ball gets gunked up, but that's pretty easily fixed by turning the mouse upside down and rolling the trackball around on a stack of printer paper. I don't know how wooden your desk is, but mine is made made of wood and I have no problems with tracking.
QUOTE Thanks
Dragonhunter

Dragonhunter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook, Touch 2ndgen 16g iOS 4

I'd look at my local hardware store for some stick-on feet that might work better...or maybe at a store that sells stuff for crafts/picture frames. Various plastic/rubber/felt options available for a couple of bucks might fix it, and if not....you're only out a couple of bucks.

Dragonhunter
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

A good trackpad might serve you well. I use one on my wood desk and the Magic Mouse works really well.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

i use a 200gsm sheet of paper under my Magic Mouse and it has quite a fine movement response relationship
QUOTE Thanks
lucky7

lucky7 is on a distinguished road

mouse pad?? i used to not use a pad, but then i quickly wore the finish off the desk and had no choice. since then i wouldn't even think of going without one. personal preference i suppose.

-27" iMac. Core 2 Duo, 1TB HD, 4GB Ram.
-13" MacBook Pro. Core 2 Duo, 250GB HD, 4GB Ram.
-iPhone 3GS 32GB.
-AirPort Extreme.
QUOTE Thanks
DRMac

DRMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
mouse pad?? i used to not use a pad, but then i quickly wore the finish off the desk and had no choice. since then i wouldn't even think of going without one. personal preference i suppose.
ditto on this cause i found some optical mice don't work too nicely on wood desks even the cheap ones from staples.
QUOTE Thanks
animatetate

animatetate is an unknown at this point

piece of paper works fine, for laptop you can use the space on the left or right of the trackpad works fine.. dude, it takes like a second and a hlf of brain space to come up with a solution.

well, maybe the cake isn't a- AHHHHHH!!!! NOOOO!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I use Teflon baking sheet. It works brilliantly.

It's paper thin, very low glide resistance and can be glued down was pritt stick (don't know if that available where you are but it can be peeled away without damaging the surface below)

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
didymus

didymus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Stick with Logitech :-) I used the so-called Mighty Mouse for half-an-hour before throwing it in the bin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Font's messing up on Internet | Required Internet Explorer »