New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

retrieving history

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

siege919

siege919 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris and I'm new to this forum. I'm not a "newbie" as I've had my Mac for 3 and a half years....and it is true that once you go Mac you will never go back!!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I guess I must have my "history" set to one month. Unfortunately I need to retrieve something a little further back.

I have a very expensive set of Jaybird headphones and I sent the (broken) charger back via USPS with receipt confirmation. I looked it up and saw that it was received and I guess tossed or lost the little slip. Jaybird is now denying that they received it. I'm thinking that if I can get to that history I may be saved.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help on this one.

P.S. Jaybird......loved them when they work....worst company ever!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

There's no way to retrieve that history. It long been overwritten, probably several times. I know it's too late, but when you return an item always use UPS or FedEx rather than USPS. Both UPS and FedEx keep records of receipt and name of recipient which are available on line.

The only thing I can suggest is to see if you can get a copy of the receipt elsewhere. Unless you mailed it via Certified Mail return receipt requested or insured the item, the postal service will have no record of who the person was that received it.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
siege919

Thanks....I know it wasn't very heads up of me, but it was worth a try. :-)))
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Um, not necessarily. Are you using Time Machine? If so, and if it goes back that far (two big IFs), then you might be able to retrieve the history file from before the day you deleted the relevant entry.

Otherwise, chscag is right. You'd need to check with USPS to see what their records show, they should be able to retrieve that data for you.
QUOTE Thanks
siege919

Thanks,

I will ask at the Post Office, but as I lost my receipt and can only guess at a date it is doubtful.

The sad thing is that this is over a $12 charger, without which my $200 bluetooth earphones don't work. I sent it back as an RMA because when I went to the website to just purchase one I found that they were no longer selling the chargers...even though they were still selling the headphones!! I had only had the product 10 months and realized it was still under warranty so tried to get one that way.

I know this is more info than necessary but rather than waste my time trying to get Jaybird to support their products, I will now put the effort in to make sure everyone on the planet is aware of their lousy customer service!!!!

Thanks for the replies!!

Chris
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying MBP and don't want to screw up! | Ordered my imac! »