Thread: Help please

Exclamation 3gs problem please help
    Hello , i know that theres a section for iphones , but it says "hardware"...while my problem is a software related one.

My iphone 3gs FW 3.1.2. is unlocked using blackra1n ,and while i was using it today,it froze (on safari) .
    So i held the switch ON/OFF and the HOME button ,and it restarted.then the apple logo appears.and after it an image telling me to plug the iphone to itunes.

I plugged it into itunes(On a pc without internet connexion,because im scared that it would update automatically to 3.1.3 [i dont know if im scared vainly]) , and itunes says tht i have to connect to the internet so it could connect to server update center and recognize the phone.

My questions :

1- Is there a risk of AUTOMATICALLY (without me pressing anything) updating to 3.1.3 when connecting to the internet ?
    2-after connecting to itunes , what will happen ? will i need to unlock the phone again ? if yes , what do i have to do ?

Thnaks A LOT in advance......

Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    It would help if you put the subject of your post in the title.

MB061LL/B & iPhone4
    it will not update without you agreeing to it.... there is a change iTunes wants to restore in which case you lose everything, you'll have to JB it again and who did the unlock ?
    iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog

A friend did it but i don't know how exactly(he's not available now).
    All i can remember is the blackrain icon on my iphone.
    And by "u have to JB again" , do u mean that i should download the 3.1.2 fw and reinstall it on the iphone and then use blackrain or directly use black rain and "make it rain" ?
    (By the way thanks for your reply)

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Sorry, no discussion of jailbreaking or the tools used to do it is permitted on these forums.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Information