New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iPhone / Macbook Pro Sync

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tennessee

Tennessee is on a distinguished road

I am trying to sync up my iPhone to my new Macbook Pro for the first time. I plug up my iPhone, go to iTunes, and go to my phone. When I go to the individual tabs (Music, Apps, Contacts, etc.) when I check the box to sync, music for example, I get the following message:

"Are you sure you want to sync music? All existing songs and playlists on the iPhone will be replaced with songs and playlists from your iTunes library"

Currently there are no songs in my iTunes library. I am afraid if I choose this option that it will erase all the songs on my phone because there are no songs in my iTunes library. I get the same message when I try to check the sync box in all my tabs (Contact, Apps, etc.). Since my iTunes library on my new Macbook is empty of all this information I am worried I will erase all the info on my phone.

I hope that made sense. I appreciate any help you can give me and I look forward to using the forum in the future. Other than this issue, I have had great luck with my switch so far. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

here are a few links that will help you to complete the switch:

Apple - Support - Switch 101

How to Move Your iPhone to a New Computer - PC or Mac @ iPhone Edition Help Center

http://www.applesource.com.au/how-to...9289880,00.htm

hope this helps
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quicktime Player (?) | AC3 install »