New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

An official switcher.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

snaple

snaple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.

At the young age of 13, i became an official switcher.
This was my greatest buy in price and in saving, but my gosh it was worth it.
so here is a picture, and i am an official switcher.

Pure bliss, and i am so pleased i decided to switch, but now comes.... THE STUDYING, i have installed steam already but am sad because CSS isn't yet out. darnm but it's the best computer i've used with 4gb of ram and 2.266ghz i am very very very pleased with my purchase.
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

How the **** did you save up for a MBP at 13? Wish I had that kind of pocket money Took me the whole summer to work off mine

Hope you enjoy your new machine If you want to play CSS you can always use Boot Camp and I bet it would even run virtually. I know I have CS1.6 in a wrapper, although the processor really spikes with that
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

I think he means it was his parents greatest buy in price and savings. :p

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
Chef_eam

Chef_eam is a jewel in the roughChef_eam is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S

Congrats on the MBP. I am sure you are going to love it.
QUOTE Thanks
zacharace

zacharace is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
I think he means it was his parents greatest buy in price and savings. :p
I hope so. I thought I was doing well for myself at 13 when I bought my own iPod...

Welcome to Mac nonetheless!
QUOTE Thanks
snaple

snaple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.

No im not a spolit brat, we went halves. took me a **** of a long time to save up 500 quid though. (well i guess im kinda spoilt)
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Yes you are from a rich family to afford something like that.
That aside at least your parents are wise. Then going halves in a Macbook Pro and not just any random windows box proves this.

And the good part is the Macbook Pro will be good for at least 5 years. Maybe even more. That's enough time to finish school, get a job and save up for your next Macintosh.

(I know Mac is short for Macintosh. But saying Macintoshbook Pro just sounds weird )
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Macintoshbook Pro nice one
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Beautiful is all I can say. Still using the older MBPs that aren't unibody and my newer MB. >_<" It gets so dirty easily and I'm really thinking of getting a new MBP. >_>" It's either that or a Canon 7D.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
thinking of getting a new MBP. >_>" It's either that or a Canon 7D.
Well, they're both pretty close in price! Just read a review on the 7D. Sweet. Have fun with either.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
FlaBill

FlaBill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5 9/3/10 OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Firefox 26,0 iPad, iPod Touch

Hey kid, good for you.
I'm still a pre-switcher and hope to pull the trigger soon.
It takes me a little longer these days.....I'm 82
Bill
QUOTE Thanks
Trags15

Trags15 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 MBP 13.2"

Congrats kid - this is definitely the best purchase of your teenage years, besides a car anyway, but you have a few more years for that

I just bought my first MBP too - You will not be disappointed!!!

Enjoy!
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

congrats on getting your new MBP! be sure to download adium, its a must have IM Client. Also check out google chrome. and for your school work you should check out iWork. Wayyy better than MS Office...

Vikram Shah
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharace View Post
I hope so. I thought I was doing well for myself at 13 when I bought my own iPod...

Welcome to Mac nonetheless!
And I thought I was doing great for myself when I bought myself a Nintendo 64!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying a first gen MBP? | Finally a MAC user!!!! »