New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

IMAC?? Or Not??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

olderandwiser

olderandwiser is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X 10.6 3.o6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

I have a pc. (sorry,sorry!). I spend more time working on it than getting anything done! I got a virus that wiped it out a few days ago, running Norton Antivirus 2010, fully updated!). I have spent some time reading about the imac. It all sounds very good to me. I have some dollars coming, and think I am going to get the 21 inch imac. Just curious about how many reasons you can come up with for me to buy the imac. I want to do some selling online, a new home based business I am starting. And I love to work with pictures, just family stuff . I am fed up to HERE with windows! Will I like the mac better???
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Have you used or tried a Mac to me everything is much easier to accomplish and have
had very few issues over the years most involved third party. The Mac seems to run
faster than Windows based machines and the aesthetics ain't bad either.
QUOTE Thanks
olderandwiser

Thanks, I have never even seen a mac. I don't know anything about them, other than all the good things I have read about them. Are they hard to learn how to use?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Is there an Apple store near your home or a Best Buy? If there is, go on in and play with the various Mac machines they have on display. An Apple store is the best place to go since all the sales reps who work there are generally very knowledgeable and willing to help.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderandwiser View Post
Thanks, I have never even seen a mac. I don't know anything about them, other than all the good things I have read about them. Are they hard to learn how to use?
You will be surprised how fast you will pick up on it.
QUOTE Thanks
olderandwiser

That's the problem. I live in the country, no Apple Stores near here. I can't make a trip to the nearest big city just to see a mac. I will order online if (when) I decide for sure to get one. Everyone here has pc's. I need to go now, duty calls, will check back later to read all the pro's about a mac, and some info on the operating system. I seriously need a new computer, and just can't see getting another pc.
QUOTE Thanks
mac102004

mac102004 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 3.06Ghz, 4MB Ram, 1TB HDD

I bought a brand new 27" iMac a few months ago to replace my T43p Thinkpad running Vista and I will NEVER go back to a Windows PC. Everything is so much easier on a Mac. After you switch you may find some things hard to figure out, because its TOO simple to use and wrap your mind around. After a week or so you'll be a pro. Mac = Win. IMO

You don't have to go to an apple store, lots of places sell them. For example I bought mine from future shop, they had them on display there, and you could play with them.

27" iMac - 3.06Ghz, 1TB HDD, 4GB Ram
16GB iPhone 3GS
QUOTE Thanks
olderandwiser

You make it sound like a mac is very user friendly. I think an imac, the 21 inch, is what I will get. Thanks everyone! The nearest place that might have a mac is Radio Shack, about twenty miles from here. I will have to go and see one! I can't wait to get one, I am so tired of my computer crashing all the time. Do you really not need a virus program with the mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.8.2, 21.5" screen.

Not one virus software is needed, as a PC user, you may find this hard to believe, but there are NO viruses for Mac.

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trackpad drag and drop woes | My new MBP »