Lubbock Texas
    First Mac on it's way
    I just bought my first iMac (via ebay). I was very reluctant to to spend over $1000 on A Mac for a new one( mostly because I have never had one). I have had an iPhone since the 2g and I am typing this post on an iPad. I love my iPad and is the biggest reason I am buying a iMac. Which leads me to my question. The iMac I bought is a 20in. 2.0 ghz intel core dual with 4 gb of ram. What I am wanting to know is this going to be a good starter Mac? All I am going to do is Internet , email, and some minor video editing. I got this Mac on eBay for a good enough deal that I could save up a little and sell it on craigslist and buy a refurb newer Mac. But if this is going to work... I welcome the good deal. Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.

- Silver

17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

My imac is the 17" 2.0ghz C2D. So almost the same as yours only you have a bigger screen. And my imac can do everything I want it to. It can do photoshop CS5 well. It can make music. Play many games including Statcraft 2 beta. alright.

So for all you want to do, the imac you bought will do just fine. You don't need to upgrade again. I would wait till next year (at least) to upgrade. Cause with all the talk of the light cable technology rumoured to be in Macs next year.

All I would recommend you do is purchase OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and install it on your imac. And if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
    It's a little late to be asking now, but, yeah, it will be fine. I hope the seller is including the legitimate OS installation discs, and any other discs for installed software.

Thread Information