New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Advertising on webpages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sachadon

sachadon is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Specs: Mid 2009 13" MacBookPro 2.26 GHz, 5 Gb, 500 GB, OS X 10.6.5

Recently on my webpages (only in Google Chrome) there are some hyperlinks with double underline on some key words, if i hover my cursor over that text it shows some advertisements. I think its some sort of add-in which I seem to have got automatically. Does anyone have any clue how to get rid of it? Its very annoying when you are reading something.

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You stated that it's happening on your webpages. By that do you mean web pages that you designed and are paying for or just those that you're browsing?

The ads may be showing up automatically in Google Chrome. The same thing will occur if you browse through these forums as a guest. The only thing I can suggest is to use another browser if it's annoying.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Are they clicksor ads? Because I think some websites are paid to have those on some pages, so there is nothing you can do about it.

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP....over run by pop-ups!! | Bluetooth Mobile remote »