MAC OSX install goes wrong!

Angry MAC OSX install goes wrong!
    So i bought a new unibody MBP about 3 months ago and immediately bought a 256 Corsair performance series ssd drive and installed osx on it and everything was fine until 2 weeks ago when the drive failed. I sent it back and they sent me a brand new one which i then erased in disk utility (on a new leopard install disc) to mac os x journaled and then tried to run the SL installer. the bar progresses about 3% (in about a minute) and then gives me this message:
    "Install Failed: The installer could not copy the necessary support files"
    The drive passes verify/repair disk perfectly, even after i zeroed it out and erased a couple of times, nothing has changed since the last time i was running it fine (except the replaced ssd of course) ind im pretty sure i installed the drive correctly. Any suggestions???

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15"
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiol View Post
    So i bought a new unibody MBP about 3 months ago and immediately bought a 256 Corsair performance series ssd drive and installed osx on it and everything was fine until 2 weeks ago when the drive failed. I sent it back and they sent me a brand new one which i then erased in disk utility (on a new leopard install disc) to mac os x journaled and then tried to run the SL installer. the bar progresses about 3% (in about a minute) and then gives me this message:
    "Install Failed: The installer could not copy the necessary support files"
    The drive passes verify/repair disk perfectly, even after i zeroed it out and erased a couple of times, nothing has changed since the last time i was running it fine (except the replaced ssd of course) ind im pretty sure i installed the drive correctly. Any suggestions???
    What does the DVD look like?
    On another machine try copying the contents of the install DVD into a folder on that machines hard drive - via Finder. Maybe your DVD was scratched?
    Also, try installing that SSD on another machine and reformatting it - then try to fill it up with as much data as you can - testing the drive.

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    It looks like you're doing everything correctly. It could be that the drive they sent as a replacement is likewise defective. I've seen drives pass SMART, verify, FSCK, etc. that turned out to be defective. The suggestion you received from TechieJustin to try the drive out in another machine is a good idea.

Regards.

I have just inserted another 128 GB corsair performance series ssd into my MBP and the same thing happens. This drive has been working fine in my wife's laptop for over a year

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by mpiol View Post
    I have just inserted another 128 GB corsair performance series ssd into my MBP and the same thing happens. This drive has been working fine in my wife's laptop for over a year
    Something is going on or has changed since your last Corsair drive failed. Let's try to reset the PRAM/NVRAM on the machine and try again. See the following Apple KB LINK.

Post back results.

Regards.

Same thing here
    I bought a Corsair V128 and the thing happens to me.

I can't install SL, it gives me an error. So what I did was to copy the original HD using SuperDuper. After that I was able to use the SSD fine. But yesterday I did a software update from apple and the machine stop booting.

I had to replace the drives again. I don't know what is going on I'm guessing those models have some problem with SL.

Did you solve your problem??

Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    Not that it is much consolation but Corsair SSD drives are experiencing huge problems. Here is one link, just do a Google:-

Problems with X128/V128 Failures - The Corsair Support Forums

And it is not only Snow Leopard, Windows 7 users are experiencing problems also:-

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-...ats-wrong.html

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    Are you formatting the one partition to be bootable?

Thread Information