Specs:
    The New Macbook
    Force Quit wont quit
    Hi. I recently reinstalled the OS (not that I planned this) and was having a lot of computer freezes and had to use the power off button.

Things are better now.. and also reading the Missing Manuel helps to understand MAC too.

however I still have programs freeze on me. Right now IPhoto (which opened automatically when the card reader when in) won't close. I tried Command Option escape and i get the menu but nothing happens. Then I went to activity monitor and tried to quit the process in red and that would not work.

So what to do? I have run the disk utility a few times to make sure my HD is fine..etc. (things I learned here, thank you). (of course now I use Time Machine too.. learned the hard way).

Also sometimes when a program freezes then it makes it impossible to shut down the normal way.

Thanks for any suggestions about what to do when FORCE QUIT won't work as I seem to have this often.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    Is there an open window somehow hidden behind your application where the importer is asking you for some information, or delivering a message? I've found that sometimes these message windows get hidden if you are typing along or clicking along and don't give them enough time to appear. Then they appear to be non-responsive because they are sitting there waiting on you. You can use Exposé to see if there is something hidden. (F3 will bring up Exposé.)

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Are you able to Restart when an application freezes? Force Quit has never failed to work for me. Restart would be the next thing I'd try.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
    You could try the steps laid out here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...eshooting.html

I sounds to me that you have some corrupt program or programming and maybe a full reinstall, wipe and install might help out too..

Good luck to you
    invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses

Specs:
    The New Macbook
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    You could try the steps laid out here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...eshooting.html

I sounds to me that you have some corrupt program or programming and maybe a full reinstall, wipe and install might help out too..

Good luck to you
    Hi thanks for all the suggestions. I have already did a full reinstall. and checked everything and the disk utility says it is fine.

Thread Information