New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Hello


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Ollie288

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2010
Posts: 14
Ollie288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone

Ollie288 is offline
I have recently made the switch and now have a 27" iMac. I purchased the iMac, iWork and apple care. I have gone from a rubbish laptop running vista. I managed to move over all my documents and now have them on my mac with no problems. I have however got an issue that I am hoping someone will be able to help me out with.

It is I cannot access my Apple ID on iTunes on my iMac. I put in my details (correctly) and it is saying:

The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again.

I have tried multiple times but it keeps saying the same thing. I have used my old email, and the new one that I set up with the mac (@mac.com)
I have reset my password numerous times. But still nothing. Could someone advise me how to fix this please.

This seems a great forum,
Thanks
Ollie
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

 
chscag's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 23, 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 39,669
chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

chscag is offline
Are you referring to the user id and password you originally setup from your Vista laptop to access the iTunes store and make purchases? If so, it may no longer be valid.

What you can try is to setup a new id and password from your iMac to see if it will take. You may run into a problem because your credit card info and name will be the same. If it still refuses, contact iTunes support. LINK

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

 
MYmacROX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 17, 2009
Posts: 3,599
MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

MYmacROX is offline
Odd. When I switched to my MBP from a Dell desktop, it allowed me to keep everything the same. The Mac and iTunes both automatically recognized my name and password and just used that. My Apple ID was originally set up through my Dell running WinXP. Hmm....

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Ollie288

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2010
Posts: 14
Ollie288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone

Ollie288 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Are you referring to the user id and password you originally setup from your Vista laptop to access the iTunes store and make purchases? If so, it may no longer be valid.

What you can try is to setup a new id and password from your iMac to see if it will take. You may run into a problem because your credit card info and name will be the same. If it still refuses, contact iTunes support. LINK

Regards.
Thanks for the reply,

Yes the ID to access iTunes. I can still download apps on my iPhone so I assume the account is still active.

I will try to set up a new one.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Ollie288

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2010
Posts: 14
Ollie288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone

Ollie288 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Odd. When I switched to my MBP from a Dell desktop, it allowed me to keep everything the same. The Mac and iTunes both automatically recognized my name and password and just used that. My Apple ID was originally set up through my Dell running WinXP. Hmm....
Hmm it is odd. The iMac recognised it I think but it is not being recognised on iTunes!

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Ollie288

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2010
Posts: 14
Ollie288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone

Ollie288 is offline
I have just tried to make a new account and it says that my email already exists and to just sign in. So I did and it let me! So it is all sorted now.

One more question, how do I get all my music of iTunes on my old laptop onto my iMac? I assumed it would automatically do it when I signed in but it hasn't.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Ollie288

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2010
Posts: 14
Ollie288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone

Ollie288 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie288 View Post
I have just tried to make a new account and it says that my email already exists and to just sign in. So I did and it let me! So it is all sorted now.

One more question, how do I get all my music of iTunes on my old laptop onto my iMac? I assumed it would automatically do it when I signed in but it hasn't.

Cheers
Anyone? I wanted to get it sorted tonight if possible. I have tried plugging in my iPhone and copying the music off there but it wont let me click on it.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

 
MYmacROX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 17, 2009
Posts: 3,599
MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

MYmacROX is offline
Give this a look over. Switch 101: Migrate Your Files or your Windows System
And something in the future that might be of help since you're newly "converted" would be this troubleshooting "cheat sheet". My Mac Cheat Sheet

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Ollie288

 
Member Since: Apr 16, 2010
Posts: 14
Ollie288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone

Ollie288 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Give this a look over. Switch 101: Migrate Your Files or your Windows System
And something in the future that might be of help since you're newly "converted" would be this troubleshooting "cheat sheet". My Mac Cheat Sheet
Cheers mate, I have got all of my files over using an SDHC. That doesn't mention anything about iTunes though and I still haven't done it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Password Help Please | Two simple problems but its annoying me »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?