New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

MacBook Pro hard drive upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

revilof

revilof is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I'm a newbie here and switcher from regular PC user of 15 years to macbook and all i could say is nothing but all praise to my new mac. anyway, i just bought a macbook pro with 160GB HDD and 2GB RAM a month ago and i was thinking of upgrading the hard drive to at least 250 to 320GB. any idea what brand or type of hard drive would i use. Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you guys.If im on the wrong thread,im sorry about that..
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

It is slightly religion and opinion but I tend to use Seagate drives as they have been reliable for me. I used to use Western Digital but I had a bunch of failures earlier on so I stopped. I have bought new Western Digital external drives and those have been pretty solid.

I bought a 500GB 7200 rpm Seagate from Amazon where I ordered my MBP.

Other World Computing is mac specific and has a lot of information on what you can put into different computers
2.5" Laptop Hard Drives & SSD for MacBook, PowerBook, iBook, and PC Laptop/NoteBook systems Serial ATA & IDE/ATA

The OWC upgrade center
MyOWC at OtherWorldComputing.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New and Would like some Help!! | MBP loses wireless connection »