New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Windows Games run on Mac (Virtual Machine or Dual Boot?)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SeFu

SeFu is on a distinguished road

I have Parallels, but am new to it and to Mac as well.

If I want to play Windows based games on my Mac.

Do I run a virtual WinXP using Parallels or do I use the boot camp to create a new partition and boot into winXP for playing?

my mac is the new iMac 27 (dual core 4gigs RAM)

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
SeFu

on the same note...

For running games in a Virtual WinXP machine, is Parallels VMWare Fusion better?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Depends entirely on the game..both the latest version of Parallels and VMWare Fusion have good 3D graphics support..and there have been benchmarks run on them recently..

Don't except to run something like Crysis through virtualization..and even if the game runs through virtualization, it'll not be anywhere near as fast as running natively on Windows..

If you play enough games and find the speed to be lacking, you'll have to go the Boot Camp route..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
SeFu

Ok thank you very much for the quick reply!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro NOW or wait? | Spinning Ball »