New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

stuck mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cor80

Cor80 will become famous soon enough

I've been using a MS (basic optical v2.0) with my mini (Snow Leopard) from day 1, never had problems...

Recently I noticed that the mouse cursor stay stuck at the top left hand corner after a restart or startup...The only way to correct this is to unplug and plug in again.

The only changes recently was the latest SL update...can this be why?

Any advice?

Thx
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Either that or you have a defective mouse. Do you have an opportunity to try it out on other computers, be them Mac or PC. Just to see if it's your computer or the mouse itself that is playing up.
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

To me, its sounds like the system isn't registering the mouse at startup. The mouse seems alright if you can plug it in after startup and use it. I've heard of rumours of different mice acting strange when booting in 64 bit snow leopard...

l
Ill keep it short and sweet Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
Cor80

Well, mouse worked fine on SL...I only noticed this problem lately...did the latest OSx update about a week ago.

The mouse works fine on all the other machines (linux, windows) I've tested it on...it's just with my specific mini at startup.

If it's indeed the update, how the heck do I fix it?

2009(early) Mac Mini 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD, Snow Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I'd give the combo updater a go.
Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (Combo)
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

And if no joy do another install of the software:-

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...x?category=OEM
QUOTE Thanks
Cor80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
I'd give the combo updater a go.
Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (Combo)
That's the update I've done lately...thats the one after which the mouse gets stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
And if no joy do another install of the software:-

Software Download
Even if it's a wired usb mouse?

QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Sometimes a second download in a row fixes issues for some reason!
QUOTE Thanks
Cor80

I think the good old format/re install snow leopard will be on the cards VERY soon...I've also noticed some of the issues I had a short while back regarding performance, is back (this after I installed some extra RAM).

I think it's best to start from scratch.

QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Go for it! Re-installing usually fixes most minor bugs/glitches.

l
Ill keep it short and sweet Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
Cor80

Now to start thinking about not loosing my itunes in terms of all the renamed and organized music/movies/tv shows/ebooks etc.

ok, i'll coming looking for all of that next week...I have to go and get a new SL disk at the store first.

thx

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Power off in stead of slumber | Installing and UNINSTALLING apps in Mac »