New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Spinning Ball

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vank66

vank66 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD

Lately whenever I click on some thing I get a spinning ball. That just started recently, what causes this, and what's the cure? Thanks for input Van
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.8.2, 21.5" screen.

you don't need to make 2 topics buddy

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Didn't see another one... guess I didn't enter that Forum, wherever it is.

Cause? Not enough RAM for what you're trying to do perhaps.
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a name known to allMacInWin is a name known to allMacInWin is a name known to allMacInWin is a name known to allMacInWin is a name known to allMacInWin is a name known to allMacInWin is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 4S, iPad (Retina), 13" MBP and MacMini

The spinning ball is the equivalent of the hourglass in Windows. The system is busy and wants you to wait. If it started recently, what did you change just before it started to appear? That's most likely the cause of the spinner.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

As I'm not a moderator, I can't merge threads...
So, here is the link to the resolved thread:
Spinning Ball
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

What have you installed and/or changed recently? Something has changed on your system that is causing it to beachball and the best way to find the answer is to try and find out what you did right before it started to do this.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
snaple

snaple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.

What your going to need is to invest in some more ram! that's what i did now i never get it on my G4. Buy new ram, take off cover underneath with screwdriver slot it in, bobs your uncle fanny's your aunt, easiest thing ever. Jobs a good'un.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Opened Up A Virus Link... | display & quicksilver issues »