New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

making movies

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LogicBox

LogicBox is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I have a video that I imported into iPhoto, I was ganna try to edit it with iMovie or iDvd i forget which one right now (sorry still kinda newbish on the mac) and it would let me pull it out of iPhoto and bring it in.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I see light editing on iDVD but it looks like iMovie gives you a lot more control.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

iMovie has access to your media library and can have access to any file in iPhoto

Apple - iLife - Find out how to use iLife applications on the Mac.

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Use iDVD if you want to make a DVD. iMovie for everything else. Simple

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
LogicBox

I guess what i need is I want to edit the movie a little bit, what would yall recommend?
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

iMovie is what you need. Here are some tutorials on how to use it. iMovie gives you access to movies, still images, music and everything else to be imported into your movie project.

Apple - iLife - Find out how to use iLife applications on the Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
LogicBox

Thanks I will check this out when I get home
QUOTE Thanks
LogicBox

Ok why can I not import a video from my iPhoto library into iMove or am i missing something
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yes you are missing something. There is no need to "import" your video from the iPhoto Library into iMovie -- iMovie has access to it right where it is.

WikiAnswers - How do you import from iphoto to imovie on macbook
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I guess I don't get why you imported a movie into a photo program. Was it a short video on your digital camera?

At any rate, if you watch the iMovie tutorial, you'll see that you can import any file from iPhoto, Photo Booth, iTunes, etc from the media pane on the bottom right. Just click on the appropriate icon for the kind of media you're trying to get at.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Not loading ONE website? | do I need an external HD for Time Machine? »