New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Macbook pro NOW or wait?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

antman2x2

antman2x2 is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone. Recently ive been a mac HATER, the usual ignorant PC user until I had my first REAL one on one experience with a mac borrowed from my cousin for just a few days. I will NEVER go back.

SO now im considering the 13inch mac book pro. Alot of people are telling me to wait because the macbook pro will be revamped for 2010....so am I better off buying one now, or waiting. Also if im better off waiting whats the most up to date apple computer that wont be getting revamped this year making me feel left in the dust

Thanks everyone.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

If you need it now then buy it. If you can wait then wait. Technology is always advancing and you will end up with an outdated computer no matter what. Outdated however does not equal no good.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
DRMac

DRMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
If you need it now then buy it. If you can wait then wait. Technology is always advancing and you will end up with an outdated computer no matter what. Outdated however does not equal no good.
This.
IF you need one now just buy, if not just wait alittle it.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

For at least a month now there has been rumors of new Apple laptops. Macrumors has a buyer guide that shows when the last update was and on average how often Apple machines get updated.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
For at least a month now there has been rumors of new Apple laptops. Macrumors has a buyer guide that shows when the last update was and on average how often Apple machines get updated.
Ah I love that guide. Thanks for sharing again. Forgot about it.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
antman2x2

antman2x2 is on a distinguished road

Sweet. Thanks alot everyone!

Eric your icon picture made me laugh ahaha

And I found this when I searched through the guide.

New MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air Models Scheduled for Launch This Month? - Mac Rumors

Hmmm >=)
QUOTE Thanks
Cycledoc22

Cycledoc22 is an unknown at this point

Having been screwed by Mac in the past, it's essential to wait. The new Macbooks are coming. Discounts will be available on the old ones.

For example, last September the Imac 24 inch with the 3.06 processor was top the line in September priced at around $2300. In October, the 21 inch (yes I know a slightly smaller screen) with the same processor, graphics card and storage was the entry level computer selling at around $1100.

So wait and watch. You will have options.

Apple's product releases are stage to maximize their profit not your purchasing experience.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc22 View Post
Having been screwed by Mac in the past

Apple's product releases are stage to maximize their profit not your purchasing experience.
Thems harsh words.... Apple screwed you?

And as far as Apple product releases staged to maximise their profit and not the purchasing experience, that is not fact, that is just your opinion, but I don't know of many (any businesses) that are staging releases of their products aiming at minimum profits!
Also, the purchasing experience which incorporates not only the quality of their products, but also the level of customer service, pre and post sales, is what has given Apple the name that they have over the years. It is also the user experience that creates such a word of mouth demand for their products, on top of their own marketing.

To the OP, any MacBook Pro you purchase, be it now, or after the new releases (whenever they are released), will retain it's value very well second hand.
From what I and most others can gather, the 13" Macbook Pro's will still have the intel core 2 duo's anyway, so all the talk of i5 and i7 shouldn't be the decision maker to wait.
So, if you need to get one now, and something comes out that you have to have, you will be able to get back majority of your outlay.
If there is no rush to get on e now, kick back, relax, and see what happens, and then all the speculation won't be able to cloud your decision making.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Thems harsh words.... Apple screwed you?
No. He said "Having been screwed by Mac in the past". I guess Mac is a buddy of his.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using Parallels | Windows Games run on Mac (Virtual Machine or Dual Boot?) »