Mrclean
    Desktop Question
    I have recently downloaded an updated version of itunes. on my desktop there is a picture of what looks like a cd drive or something. It won't let me move this into another folder by draging. I would really like to get it off the desktop. Also it says that I can eject it somehow?

Specs:
    MacBook
    It sounds like you have a mounted disk image. All you have to do to eject it is to drag it to the trash. You can also highlight it and use the key combo "Command + E" to eject it. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Mrclean
    Thanks problem solved. Macs are so simple, why have I been wasting my time all these years with windows

iFX
    Come Come now.. if they were THATTTT simple you wouldn't have asked for help

jessica
    Quote Originally Posted by iFX
    Simple or not, when you use windows all your life (as I have) and then you switch to a Mac there is only a handful of things that are so simple they aren't obvious to the windows user. For example, an image of a CD that means you have a CD in your drive. Simple? You bet! But if it were Windows it'd most likely mean there was some spyware or something that was just installed on your box.
    Anyway, there's a small learning curve there and I know you were once there too!

Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    When I got my first mac in Dec 2003, I didn't know to restart it, and I was running many apps from the desktop. And the first day of getting my mac, I didn't know how to shut down my mac either. Ah! Those were the days.

BEEEsH
    Quote Originally Posted by iWhat
    When I got my first mac in Dec 2003, I didn't know to restart it, and I was running many apps from the desktop. And the first day of getting my mac, I didn't know how to shut down my mac either. Ah! Those were the days.
    I kinda got lucky because I used macs for a short period of time against my will. I started learning all the little shortcuts and how a few things work differently. Then I realized how much easier it was. Now that I have my mac, I'm pretty good with it. (got it last week)

I have only had Apple .No clue about PCs. I can not believe how easy things are, once you see them done, or taught how to's. Apple has me hooked
    www.idadgraphics.com
    I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
    thank you MacForums and all it's members

spong
    I use both. I find functionally they're pretty much the same.

I tried to put my Mac on our Windows network in the office, but gave up in the end, so I just use it at home.

It's purely taste. You don't get any more or less out of one or the other.

iFX
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica
    Simple or not, when you use windows all your life (as I have) and then you switch to a Mac there is only a handful of things that are so simple they aren't obvious to the windows user. For example, an image of a CD that means you have a CD in your drive. Simple? You bet! But if it were Windows it'd most likely mean there was some spyware or something that was just installed on your box.
    Anyway, there's a small learning curve there and I know you were once there too!
    LOL i was not "once" there, I am still there!

I was just being sarcastic haha... apples are easy I agree

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Quote Originally Posted by iFX
    This is what forums like this are for, no?

Thread Information