New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

maximizing battery life

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

greyhound rick

greyhound rick is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 13"

Hello and thank you for the help!

Ive read and received conflicting reports regarding battery life and would like to get your input.

When your battery is say at 75% and you are using your macbook at home, do you tend to plug it in or just let it run off the battery if you are near an outlet?

I wasnt sure if plugging it in cycles the battery unecessarily or if it saves the battery by not using it by plugging the macbook in. Ive been told to let the battery run down before plugging it in and also to save the battery by plugging in anytime you can. Kinda confused on this one

Thank you!

my best,

rick
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Hello , I tend to leave my Macbook plugged in most of the time as I use a 24 inch monitor so...I unplug once a week or so to surf from the couch and that type of thing.
FYI here is Apples take on the subject :
Apple - Batteries - Notebooks

Hope it helps
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
greyhound rick

greyhound rick is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 13"

Thank you Clay!

I think after reading the link that i will try to mix it up a little and run on the battery and plug in off and on!

(Oh, by the way, we are trying to keep your Cubs here in Arizona for Spring Training!! Looks like we just approved a bill to build you guys a new stadium!)

Have a great day,

rick
QUOTE Thanks
sau124

sau124 is on a distinguished road

I haven't been a long time user of the mac so I might not be a good person to comment, but I normally run on batteries till it is down to an hour remaining or so and then charge it completely back up.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound rick View Post
Thank you Clay!

I think after reading the link that i will try to mix it up a little and run on the battery and plug in off and on!

(Oh, by the way, we are trying to keep your Cubs here in Arizona for Spring Training!! Looks like we just approved a bill to build you guys a new stadium!)

Have a great day,

rick

Ya my Ma ( lives in Sun City ) was just telling me the news about the new ballpark . Thanx and congrats on keeping the Cubbys around !

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Brand new iMac. Problem with Airport | My turtle Mini »