Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Financial Software for Macs

    Member Since
    Feb 27, 2010
    Posts
    6
    Financial Software for Macs
    What the best?

    I'm looking for a software that Build your monthly cash flow plan, calculate how quickly you can roll through your debt snowball, determine monthly savings needed for retirement, plan for annual expenses, and balance your checkbook with the Personal Finance Software.

  2. #2
    Financial Software for Macs

    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    Specs:
    MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
    What do you want it to do?

    I use a very very basic app called pigmoney, but I only use it to keep a track of everything that I buy.

    Are you also willing to pay for the app, or just a free one?

  3. #3
    Financial Software for Macs
    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    18,940
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Assuming you mean something along the lines of Quicken, well there's ... um ... Quicken.

    There's also Moneydance (very good, I'm told), LiquidLedger, iBank and a host of others big and small for personal finance, and some small business accounting and payroll packages for companies who need that.

    A lot of people just keep using Quicken via Windows using one of the virtualisation programs (Parallels, VMWare, et al) because the program is more updated for Windows than Mac (Intuit being some deeply stupid people).

  4. #4
    Financial Software for Macs

    Member Since
    Feb 27, 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonik View Post
    What do you want it to do?

    I use a very very basic app called pigmoney, but I only use it to keep a track of everything that I buy.

    Are you also willing to pay for the app, or just a free one?
    Free would be nice but I'm willing to look at the priced ones.

  5. #5
    Financial Software for Macs

    Member Since
    Feb 27, 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Assuming you mean something along the lines of Quicken, well there's ... um ... Quicken.

    There's also Moneydance (very good, I'm told), LiquidLedger, iBank and a host of others big and small for personal finance, and some small business accounting and payroll packages for companies who need that.

    A lot of people just keep using Quicken via Windows using one of the virtualisation programs (Parallels, VMWare, et al) because the program is more updated for Windows than Mac (Intuit being some deeply stupid people).
    I'm looking for a software program that Build your monthly cash flow plan, calculate how quickly you can roll through your debt snowball, determine monthly savings needed for retirement, plan for annual expenses, and balance your checkbook with the Personal Finance Software.

  6. #6
    Financial Software for Macs
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,216
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitbowlk View Post
    I'm looking for a software program that Build your monthly cash flow plan, calculate how quickly you can roll through your debt snowball, determine monthly savings needed for retirement, plan for annual expenses, and balance your checkbook with the Personal Finance Software.
    Moneydance does all that. Stay away from anything Intuit, whether it be Quicken, Turbo-Tax, or whatever. Chas_m is dead on about their stupidity.

    An advantage of using Moneydance is that it's cross platform compatible. Mac, Windows, Linux.

    Regards.

  7. #7
    Financial Software for Macs

    Member Since
    Mar 24, 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7
    You could try YNAB 3 which also works for Macs. It can handle budgeting for annual expenses, reducing debt, planning for retirement and increasing savings. It has excellent reviews. There's a free trial available so you could see if it can help you before you buy.

  8. #8
    Financial Software for Macs

    Member Since
    Jan 31, 2005
    Posts
    164
    a combo of mint.com and clearcheckbook.com works good.

  9. #9
    Financial Software for Macs
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,216
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackintosh View Post
    a combo of mint.com and clearcheckbook.com works good.
    Assuming of course that you trust keeping all your finances on line....

    Regards.

  10. #10
    Financial Software for Macs

    Member Since
    Jan 31, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Assuming of course that you trust keeping all your finances on line....

    Regards.
    Most any of your financial info is already "on-line" from the banks, cc companies, investment firms, etc...

    the reason i like it online is because i want access from multiple machines and do not have to worry about having a local backup. I once was not making current backups (yes, my own fault) and had a hard drive die. All financial software/info gone.......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Financial Software
    By ritabob in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 09:45 PM
  2. Financial software
    By wsd73 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
  3. financial software
    By sweetpea_mom in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 04:35 AM
  4. Financial Software
    By vedder10 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
  5. Financial Software for UK
    By amardilo in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •