Thread: I Tunes

Specs:
    Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
    I Tunes
    Let me preface this by saying I was never a fan of I tunes on windows, and it's reputation has preceded it's way onto my mac, thus far...I searched and didn't find anything, so I apologize if this has been covered.

When I migrated over, I setup sharing on my PC so I could easily transfer my music over, and also use the PC as an external hard drive, of sorts. It has 500 gb and all. So when I was doing my setup, I merely transferred all of my music files from the PC to the mac. I figured, since I'd read great things about the mac version of I tunes, that I would use that for my file management, as far as music is concerned.

So I transferred my files, and they are in the music/I tunes music folder, and they are separated into folders (by band and then by album, as I'd had them on windows). So I opened I tunes, which did an update and restarted the computer. However, when I load my I tunes, it doesn't show the music I migrated over. All it has is a screen asking me if I want to sign up for I tunes store or take the tutorial videos. I checked the playlists down below (90s music, etc and it shows none of my music. Just to check, I put a whole album worth of music in the main I tunes music folder, and still nothing shows up. How do I get my old music to show up in I tunes.

It may be of note that some of the music is MP3s, however, most are WMA, since I ripped them from CDs. I have downloaded the codecs for quicktime, though.

Specs:
    Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
    You have to import it. File > Add Folder to Library.

BTW, it's iTunes, not I Tunes. Just a tip to be in-the-know that also saves you from using Shift and the spacebar

Edit: I almost forgot! iTunes will convert unprotected WMA files for you. No extra codex required.

Specs:
    Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
    Cool! That helps alot! However, I was able to add the mp3 files to the library, but it didn't automatically add the wma files. How do I go about converting those files.

I know these are total newb questions, so please be patient with me. lol

Specs:
    15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie-Jamie View Post
    You have to import it. File > Add Folder to Library.

BTW, it's iTunes, not I Tunes. Just a tip to be in-the-know that also saves you from using Shift and the spacebar

Edit: I almost forgot! iTunes will convert unprotected WMA files for you. No extra codex required.
    Not on a mac, only PC iTunes will convert WMA. I know this because a friend gave me a data disk with music on it which contained a few WMA and iTunes did nothing with them. I need to find a 3rd party app that will convert it.

Specs:
    Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
    Not on a mac, only PC iTunes will convert WMA. I know this because a friend gave me a data disk with music on it which contained a few WMA and iTunes did nothing with them. I need to find a 3rd party app that will convert it.
    For serious? So... what the heck am I thinking of? I honestly can't think of when iTunes under my control would have done this, yet I've watched the process happen.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Thread Information