Specs:
    MacBook
    Using Mac Mail application
    I have been doing some research on the mac mail app on the dashboard. I know with yahoo, which is what I have, does not work with the app unless I pay for the Yahoo mail plus. Of course I don't want to to that and I really dont want to switch mail providers AGAIN. I know a few people have found some ways around it but the information was outdated and I was not able to bypass the problem of paying for the program. I know I had poster something similar to this before...but since then I have researched this and I'm sure someone knows another way around this. I would not mind switching email servers if I HAVE TO, but I am afraid of accidentally forgetting to tell important people abput the switch, seeing as I do not have everyone saved in my contacts (dumb I know). Is there anyway to forward my email from my old account to a new one? Thanks!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Most email providers offer a way to forward your mail. I can't speak for Yahoo since I have never used it. You may just have to bite the bullet and inform all your correspondents the old fashioned way.

I suggest switching to GMail. Very easy to use and setup with Apple Mail. Be sure to select iMAP rather than POP.

Regards.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleFan7 View Post
    Is there anyway to forward my email from my old account to a new one?
    That's also a feature of Yahoo's paid service. What you can do is use the vacation response feature and in your response message just say that you are changing emails and then give them your new email address.

Doing so should cover all the people you weren't able to contact about your new email. You could also just check your Yahoo account every other day at the beginning and then you can lengthen the time in between checkings as time passes by and most of your contacts knows your new address. You shouldn't have too if the vacation response works.

Yahoo doesn't make it easy. If you really want to get away from Yahoo mail then you are going to have to eventually take the effort to cut the cord from Yahoo.

Specs:
    15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
    It's 19.99 a year, that's really not that bad. You can also try searching for Promotion Code, to get it cheaper.

Besides that, i say go with a better email provider. Yahoo is trash (compared to gmail)

Specs:
    MacBook
    Yeah...I found a way to bypass it by switching my country from US to Asia on there but then my homepage end everything is messed up and outdated...ohwell I suppose

Thread Information