New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Using Mac Mail application

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AppleFan7

AppleFan7 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

I have been doing some research on the mac mail app on the dashboard. I know with yahoo, which is what I have, does not work with the app unless I pay for the Yahoo mail plus. Of course I don't want to to that and I really dont want to switch mail providers AGAIN. I know a few people have found some ways around it but the information was outdated and I was not able to bypass the problem of paying for the program. I know I had poster something similar to this before...but since then I have researched this and I'm sure someone knows another way around this. I would not mind switching email servers if I HAVE TO, but I am afraid of accidentally forgetting to tell important people abput the switch, seeing as I do not have everyone saved in my contacts (dumb I know). Is there anyway to forward my email from my old account to a new one? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Most email providers offer a way to forward your mail. I can't speak for Yahoo since I have never used it. You may just have to bite the bullet and inform all your correspondents the old fashioned way.

I suggest switching to GMail. Very easy to use and setup with Apple Mail. Be sure to select iMAP rather than POP.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFan7 View Post
Is there anyway to forward my email from my old account to a new one?
That's also a feature of Yahoo's paid service. What you can do is use the vacation response feature and in your response message just say that you are changing emails and then give them your new email address.

Doing so should cover all the people you weren't able to contact about your new email. You could also just check your Yahoo account every other day at the beginning and then you can lengthen the time in between checkings as time passes by and most of your contacts knows your new address. You shouldn't have too if the vacation response works.

Yahoo doesn't make it easy. If you really want to get away from Yahoo mail then you are going to have to eventually take the effort to cut the cord from Yahoo.
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

It's 19.99 a year, that's really not that bad. You can also try searching for Promotion Code, to get it cheaper.

Besides that, i say go with a better email provider. Yahoo is trash (compared to gmail)

QUOTE Thanks
AppleFan7

AppleFan7 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

Yeah...I found a way to bypass it by switching my country from US to Asia on there but then my homepage end everything is messed up and outdated...ohwell I suppose
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Really happy with mac but courier new font looks really wierd? | Accidentally trashed my internet connect app.. »