New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I can't Keep My Hands Off!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

damigg

damigg is on a distinguished road

Hi All

First time here first post. I have been a very long, long time user of PC's.
I go as far back as the Vic20 if anybody remembers that far back. Last year at about this same time I bought a new Gateway in that year the first month I had returned it back to best buy for repairs they gave me a new one. 4 months later you guessed it broke again had to replace DVD rom drive. Two months ago it broke again now it just sets in a corner.

I said that now is the time for a change. I went out did the research and was trying to decide between the 27" iMac Quad i5 or the Mac pro. The two machines were so close in performance and the fact that one came with a monitor and the other did not I opted for the 27" Quad i5.

It has been 3 weeks and OMG! What a machine. None of the problems that I had read and seen on You Tube. No flickering no yellow screen I just turned it on waited for the boot.

I just ordered the Adobe Suite should be here next week and I will be in business at a whole new level.

I am a freelance airbrush and digital graphic artist and I cant wait to get this iMac cranking out some art.

I plan on being here for a while if you will have me because I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for letting me ramble
damigg (pronounced damage) stands for D A Marsh imaging Great Graphics
QUOTE Thanks
Chef_eam

Chef_eam is a jewel in the roughChef_eam is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S

I have the 27" iMac i5 as well, and I am sure you will love the machine. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new baby.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

I have about ten Macs. Around seven of them work, maybe six of them are truly useful, and I only use four. Only two of those are from this century. Only one of them is Intel. I'm crazy, I really am.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by damigg View Post
damigg (pronounced damage)
If you say so. Are you related to Brett Favre?

Welcome to Mac-Forums. You'll find lots of competent assistance here, if you need it. But, you really should try to take a break from sitting at that new Mac every month or so, whether you feel like it or not!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

welcome aboard .

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Welcome, and glad you're enjoying life on the enlightened side.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« external hard drive | New Switcher: First Impressions »