New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Slammed iPod into car door

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kittywhiskers

kittywhiskers is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if this goes here, so my apologies ahead of time if it doesn't.
I was getting into a car and my iPod was in my coat pocket, and my grandmother is a very crazy driver so she started backing up before I was even in the car, causing me to close the door quickly. Much to my dismay, my coat got caught in the door.
It still plays music and the back light comes on, however it's just a completely white screen. Is there any way this can get fixed or is it stuck like this?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywhiskers View Post
I was getting into a car and my iPod was in my coat pocket, and my grandmother is a very crazy driver so she started backing up before I was even in the car, causing me to close the door quickly.
I like how grandma gets blamed for this!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
kittywhiskers

kittywhiskers is on a distinguished road

hahahaha
Of course I didn't mean it like that, it wasn't really anyones fault. Just an accident, and such things happen. I really hope I can somehow fix this, I'm getting tired of the luck of the draw when it comes to picking music!
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

You could probably send it to Apple (or bring it to an Apple store), but because it was something avoidable, I doubt any warranty would cover it - so cost may be an issue - depending on the iPod and level of damage, it may be cheaper to replace then to fix.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Sounds like a good excuse to get the new model.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
HearShotKid86

HearShotKid86 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5 3.06, 4 GB Ram,

LMAO,

This actually happened to me, but I was getting out of my car, and swung around to slam the door shut, my coat got caught between the car door and the car and the door just bounced back at me. I was like...wtf... and then immediatly knew lol. It still works today.
QUOTE Thanks
TechieJustin

TechieJustin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethfel View Post
You could probably send it to Apple (or bring it to an Apple store), but because it was something avoidable, I doubt any warranty would cover it - so cost may be an issue - depending on the iPod and level of damage, it may be cheaper to replace then to fix.
I think that pretty much sums the situation up. I'm betting the repair cost will be more than the unit is worth.
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

reminds me of the time when I slammed into a pole with my 32gb Zune back when it first released, while I was getting into down hill mountain biking..sorry about your experience..hey also makes me wonder where my ipod is right now..hmm

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

So THAT'S what happened to the one Zune MS sold that year!
QUOTE Thanks
verdejt

verdejt will become famous soon enough

If you're good with tools there are a number of companies that sell replacement parts on the web. You go try that route if you don't want to buy a new one or there is also the refurb store, ebay, etc. good luck

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
So THAT'S what happened to the one Zune MS sold that year!
haha...that was a good one

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Maintenance? | Boot Camp probs »