Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   New to Mac. Hey Guys (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/193781-new-mac-hey-guys.html)

BatterdStarfish 03-07-2010 11:57 AM

New to Mac. Hey Guys

Hey guys and gals.

My name is Joe im 22 from England. I have been a Windows User all my life and dreamed to have a Mac.

Today is my 22nd birthday and out of the blue my GF bought me one. Im over the moon.

Just wanted to say hey guys, and hope you accept me :) Im very newbie so i might do a few posts in the future but searching is helping me atm.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Ps no more windows computer now. Gave it away

konignlol 03-07-2010 12:13 PM

hi

me too i have now my mac for more ten 1 year and it is the best computer i ever had!
same story of you i always wanted to get a mac!

greetings:koninglol

ps:i'm new on this forum:Evil:

Oneironaut 03-07-2010 12:27 PM

Awesome girlfriend you got there! What kind of Mac did she get you?

osxx 03-07-2010 12:46 PM

Wow thats some girlfriend don't let that one get away and a 27iMac on top of that, might
want to change the handle to Lucky.

BatterdStarfish 03-07-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneironaut (Post 1013374)
Awesome girlfriend you got there! What kind of Mac did she get you?

She got me the 27" iMac. Its Mahooosive lol

Yea she rocks. Only thing is we used to joke about when i got a mac she had to have a mini. So it looks like im skint from now till christmas saving up!!
;P

Quote:

Originally Posted by osxx (Post 1013380)
Wow thats some girlfriend don't let that one get away and a 27iMac on top of that, might
want to change the handle to Lucky.

Haha i know. Very Lucky.

Glad to be here though.

neonmac 03-07-2010 01:32 PM

Welcome. I am pretty much new here also. People here are great. I love the Mac community.

You have such a cool GF for buying you a 27 inch imac. Enjoy it and welcome to Apple.

McBie 03-07-2010 01:45 PM

Welcome to the forum and consider yourself lucky with a girlfriend like her.

Cheers ... McBie

EndlessMac 03-07-2010 02:58 PM

Here's another vote for the girlfriend...I mean congrats on the Mac. ;) Enjoy your stay in Mac Land.

martyp 03-07-2010 03:32 PM

Welcome to MF Joe! :)

The 27" iMac is one superb computer, congrats.

Widder 03-07-2010 04:15 PM

Happy Birthday, and congratulations

Happy Birthday, Joe, and congratulations on your new mac and on having such a fantastic GF!! I hope you enjoy your Mac as much as I do!!
Scott

Rottie 03-07-2010 04:33 PM

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the world of Mac, where your greatest computing hassle is deciding which desktop picture to use ;)

A few suggestions, regarding software: Download OpenOffice (It's basically an open-source version of M$ Office) and also check out VLC, which will play your windows movies, etc.

Have a great rest of your birthday. :) Although your GF's going to have to come up with something extra special next year to top this. :D

toMACsh 03-07-2010 06:08 PM

What version of Girlfriend is that? I'd like to get it for my son. ;)

Now you're all set to go out into that pouring rain...

chas_m 03-07-2010 06:13 PM

Not to contradict Rottie, but I'm going to suggest you download Flip4Mac WMV Player and Perian in addition to VLC (all three of them free of charge) ... and while OpenOffice is free, I think I can argue that the incredibly bargain-priced iWork suite ($79) is actually a more "Mac like" take on Office apps that tends to blow people away.

BatterdStarfish 03-07-2010 07:00 PM

Wow. Best set of hellos iv got.

Thanks.

Ill get downloading them. Just having a little play around atm. Getting used to how you install/uninstall etc. Such a weird feeling how im incharge of all computers / networks at work. And now im back to pure noooobiness. I love it.

Thanks again guys.

Jamie-Jamie 03-07-2010 08:03 PM

I think that a lot of people are really rich. I had to save up for four years to get my Mac Pro, but folks around here just give 27" iMacs as gifts?

I feel so poor now...

Congrats, though. Those new iMacs are almost as awesome as the original ones!