New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

spaces and expose

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

suwee30

suwee30 is on a distinguished road

i can't figure out how to keep 2 or more websites open at a time from the internet. everytime i put one website into 'spaces', then go to open another site on safari i lose the first site?
QUOTE Thanks
trump425

trump425 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 5.1 (2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 running Mac OS X 10.6.3)

Because Safari is open in space 1. Use multiple browsers. Also, tabbed browsing.

That's the best I can do with the limited information provided.

"The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct."
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Use Command+T to open a new tab in Safari. That'll let you keep more sites open! Or, if you absolutely want seperate windows, leave them open on the same space but switch between them. Expose' will let you do this!
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

tabs?
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

How about telling us what browser you're using, and its version. With Spaces, that narrows down your OS to 10.5.x or 10.6.x but that probably doesn't impact the solution.

I use Safari 4.0.4 and Firefox 3.6 and both are capable of having more than one website open at a time. It can be done in separate windows, or in separate tabs within the same window. It can also be done in separate Spaces, or in the same Space.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Mac program will open .rar files? | Mass Change Folder and File Permissions »