New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Today is the first day I've truly appreciated my Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marvolo

marvolo is on a distinguished road

Tonight, actually about half an hour ago, my roommate was having problems with her laptop. I used to have some issues with my old Windows laptop (granted, nothing to this extent) so I offered to help her out. Turns out she had some crazy virus/trojan and on top of that her laptop was INCREDIBLY SLOW (took like 10 minutes just for the desktop to startup) because of all this preinstalled software she had and never thought to uninstall (Sony Vaio junk).

So, anyway there I was helping her download Hijack This, Malwarebytes, Revo Uninstaller, fixing the registry.. etc. and, while I was waiting for her computer to restart after the 3rd time, I saw my MBP on my desk.

I don't know why, but at that moment it really hit me that I was now a Mac user. Like, really hit me. So much so that I wanted to hug my Mac for not putting me through all the kinds of stuff that my Windows laptop made me do (and, that I thought was only naturally to do before Mac).

Anyway, that's my story.

I am a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Excellent. Our plan for world domination is proceeding.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Metaphorically speaking, your roomie's laptop served as a Window through which you admired your Mac. For those still stuck, there's a verse for that: "and now we see through a glass, darkly..."
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvolo View Post
Tonight, actually about half an hour ago, my roommate was having problems with her laptop. I used to have some issues with my old Windows laptop (granted, nothing to this extent) so I offered to help her out. Turns out she had some crazy virus/trojan and on top of that her laptop was INCREDIBLY SLOW (took like 10 minutes just for the desktop to startup) because of all this preinstalled software she had and never thought to uninstall (Sony Vaio junk).

So, anyway there I was helping her download Hijack This, Malwarebytes, Revo Uninstaller, fixing the registry.. etc. and, while I was waiting for her computer to restart after the 3rd time, I saw my MBP on my desk.

I don't know why, but at that moment it really hit me that I was now a Mac user. Like, really hit me. So much so that I wanted to hug my Mac for not putting me through all the kinds of stuff that my Windows laptop made me do (and, that I thought was only naturally to do before Mac).

Anyway, that's my story.

I am a Mac.
I believe a picture of you hugging your Mac may be warranted. Just sayin' is all!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Its one of the main reasons most of us made the switch and for what I do it made it a lot
faster and easier.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

It really is nice, but honestly... I still Think Different.
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

marvolo,

I know how you feel. After switching to the Mac, and dealing with all of the issues my parents have had with their two Dell PCs (a desktop running XP and a laptop with Vista), I quickly grew tired of having to fix Windows over and over again. I wearied of the sluggish performance, junky hardware, and haphazard execution of the OS. It hasn't helped matters any that I've been asked to help resolve issues a few other PCs among family members that all suffer from similar issues.

Last fall it finally dawned on me that the only member of my immediate family who has never asked me for help with his computer is my brother. What does he own? You guessed it, an iMac. My experience with these machines coupled with that epiphany has given me a new-found tenacity to push everyone I know into Mac purchases. Of course, I desire not only because I wish to see the people I love enjoy the experience of a Mac, but also to hopefully diminish my role as the family tech support.
QUOTE Thanks
neonmac

neonmac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it

I love this story. I love my Mac. I love the Mac-Forums. I love Steve Jobs.
The story is so true yet funny. I remember all those times. Friends wanting their laptop fixed or their desktop fixed. In fact, I do not think I know any person with a PC who does not have at least one issue at this current moment. Needless to say, I do not fix them anymore.

Fellow Mac users. We should all give thanks to our Macs before going to bed tonight.

The only thing Microsoft could make that would not suck, would be a vacum.

www.obsessivemacdisorder.com
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

I am entirely pumped to have been a Mac user right along. I've had the most enjoyable experience computing my entire life, and I think it is that that helps me love my work every day.
QUOTE Thanks
Zurfyvision

Zurfyvision is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac C2D 21.5" 3.06 Ghz 1TB HDD, iPhone 4, iPad 16gb Wi-Fi, ATV2, Macbook Air i5 11" (Mid 2011)

My aunt was explaining to me about a keylogger issue she is having on her Windows XP machine. She is still trying to get rid of the darn thing. I immediately started telling her about my new iMac. Needless to say, she is going to look into getting a mac mini in the near future.

I've only had my iMac for about a month now and I am already trying to get family members to buy one themselves. I, too, am the family tech support and just thinking about having to work on a Windows machine gives me the chills.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Excellent. Our plan for world domination is proceeding.
Didn't you get the memo? Never speak openly of the plan. The plan must not be revealed till it's too late. lol

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
TechieJustin

TechieJustin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
Metaphorically speaking, your roomie's laptop served as a Window through which you admired your Mac. For those still stuck, there's a verse for that: "and now we see through a glass, darkly..."
Corinthians 13.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr. Drums

Mr. Drums has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, I am proud to say I am also a mac user - got my macbook in sept., and use is extensively with school (I am a teacher and taking MORE graduate classes - never ends!). However, I also use a PC desktop and run Vista - I have to disagree with one of the oabove comments. I have used Vista on this same desktop since it first came out, and I must say I have never had a problem with it. The only issue was an overheated chip, which was promptly replaced by HP. PCs are not the only machines that can get bogged down with too much downloaded, useless bloatware. Most of the people here know a thing or two about computers, and we are able to keep our systems running clean and smoothly. I know a few people who have just as many problems with their macs.

I love my macbook, and will buy another when the time comes for sure, but I don't think it is perfect JUST because it is a mac. At the end of the day, it's still just a computer, and computers are silly how mush we depend on them, and I can only get minimally excited about them. (My wife HATES technology, and does not even own a cell phone....I can't go THAT far!) Just my 2 cents!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« downloading software links | Time machine backups! »