New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Transfering from Ipod to Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

october

I know there is a program out there that transfers songs from your ipod to your mac since itunes will not let you do it, but I forget what the name is, and I didn't know if there was a better one for the job.

With getting a new pb, I would like to transfer selected albums to my HD so I can burn them.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Senuti, maybe?
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

Connect iPod, open iTunes, File > Import > point it at your iPod and it will import all the tracks into nice folders just how you want this. I did this a good few times on PC, haven't tried it on Mac but can't see why it wouldn't work.
QUOTE Thanks
sebb2004

Got this from the Apple forum, worked on Windows XP after some how my itunes library got erased.

The manual way around this problem is to use the iPod in its alter ego - that of portable computer disk drive. Successfully tested under iTunes for Windows 4.2, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7; Windows XP Home.

- Start with the iPod disconnected from the computer - DON'T CONNECT IPOD YET
- open iTunes
- open iTunes Preferences - this blocks iTunes from seeing an iPod connection; leave the preferences window up and running
- connect the iPod to the computer, wait about 15 seconds before continuing
- open 'My Computer'
- Tools menu, Folder Options, View tab, enable 'show hidden files /folders'
- open iPod icon in My Computer
- open iPod_Control folder
- you should see a folder named Music
- drag this folder to somewhere on your computer hard drive
- after the copy completes, right-click the new Music folder on your hard drive and select 'Properties'
- clear the checkmark next to 'Hidden'
- Close that explorer window
- eject iPod from System tray "Safely Remove Hardware" icon. This icon looks like a small gray rectangle with a green arrow floating above it. It's only there when a removable device (like the iPod in this case) is attached to the computer. Right-click & select 'Safely remove..', then click 'Stop' in the next window, OK in the next window, and then Close to complete the ejection.
- disconnect the iPod from the computer

- go back to iTunes, cancel the preferences window
- File menu \ Add folder to Library \ find that Music folder copied over from the iPod

Your iTunes library should be back in action
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have had real good luck with PodUtil for getting the music off the Ipod.

http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/software/podutil.php
QUOTE Thanks
the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

ipod rip is great but best is show hidden files

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks
october

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel
Connect iPod, open iTunes, File > Import > point it at your iPod and it will import all the tracks into nice folders just how you want this. I did this a good few times on PC, haven't tried it on Mac but can't see why it wouldn't work.
I know it's this easy on a PC, but it does not work on a mac. Senuti seems to be a good program, but I haven't really tried to much on it. I just wish I could easily make a playlist off of my ipod and burn it in itunes.
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by october
I know there is a program out there that transfers songs from your ipod to your mac since itunes will not let you do it.
I use iPod Access (v3.1.5 the latest I think?)

The trial allows only 5 songs at a time, but I paid the $10 because it was a nice program and worked nicely. I only needed to use it once but didn't want to transfer 2000+ songs five at a time. Version Tracker has it, try it out.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dont you think you shouldve gotten alittle more hardware with your mac? | Mac Mini HDD,,, can i be changed? »