Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16


    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2009
    Posts
    26
    this chinese thing has happened to me recently...
    have i been hijacked? and if so how can i get rid of it?
    i have 10.6 mac and use safari

  2. #17


    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    20,911
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Since this happens on all your computers and browsers, the redirecting is taking place either directly from TalkTalk or in your router.

    The first thing to check is your router's provided DNS numbers. Make sure they are the ones originally provided to you by TalkTalk. If they are, then complain to TalkTalk about this, as its something on their end.

    You can edit them to use either OpenDNS's public numbers or Google's public numbers instead. See if that makes a difference.

  3. #18


    Member Since
    Jul 11, 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Since this happens on all your computers and browsers, the redirecting is taking place either directly from TalkTalk or in your router.

    The first thing to check is your router's provided DNS numbers. Make sure they are the ones originally provided to you by TalkTalk. If they are, then complain to TalkTalk about this, as its something on their end.

    You can edit them to use either OpenDNS's public numbers or Google's public numbers instead. See if that makes a difference.
    Thought so. As If the above user has had the same problem as me and is using the same service provider, then just shows its something from there end. I am happy to see that others are getting the problem, as it had me thinking all sorts. I knew it would be down to something like this.

    Atleast this is here for others to find, if they find the same problem.

    Really strange though, I know if it happens again, I'll be phoning in.

  4. #19


    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    20,911
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Ah, a fellow in another thread may have found the issue and solution:

    DNSChanger Trojan Horse Removal - OSX.RSPlug.A OSX/Puper OSX/Jahlav

    If that works for you, it means you need to stop doing the questionable activity that exposed you to the hijacking.

  5. #20

    TechieJustin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 16, 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    298
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15"
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Ah, a fellow in another thread may have found the issue and solution:

    DNSChanger Trojan Horse Removal - OSX.RSPlug.A OSX/Puper OSX/Jahlav

    If that works for you, it means you need to stop doing the questionable activity that exposed you to the hijacking.

    we haven't heard from the OP for a while.

  6. #21


    Member Since
    Jul 11, 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieJustin View Post
    we haven't heard from the OP for a while.
    I did post just above the user above, maybe you didn't check that.

    I have used that software and still nothing. Not sure how it came about but ive not seen it happen recently.

  7. #22

    TechieJustin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 16, 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    298
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15"
    Quote Originally Posted by -NeedSomeHelp- View Post
    I did post just above the user above, maybe you didn't check that.

    I have used that software and still nothing. Not sure how it came about but ive not seen it happen recently.
    Yeah, I made that mistake a few times today.
    I have been reading all day and my eyes aren't working properly. Sorry about that.
    My eyes are playing tricks on you. Like little round devils.

  8. #23


    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Ah, a fellow in another thread may have found the issue and solution:

    DNSChanger Trojan Horse Removal - OSX.RSPlug.A OSX/Puper OSX/Jahlav

    If that works for you, it means you need to stop doing the questionable activity that exposed you to the hijacking.
    i have the same problem as the op (original poster?) , i just did that dnschanger trojan scanner and nothing happened

  9. #24

    TechieJustin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 16, 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    298
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15"
    Quote Originally Posted by lk09 View Post
    i have the same problem as the op (original poster?) , i just did that dnschanger trojan scanner and nothing happened
    post your /etc/hosts file.
    Open terminal.app and type "cat /etc/hosts"

    copy and paste the results here.

  10. #25


    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Last login: Tue Mar 9 07:59:26 on console
    ******'s-MacBook:~ LK$ cat /etc/hosts
    ##
    # Host Database
    #
    # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
    # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
    ##
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    fe80::1%lo0 localhost
    **********'s-MacBook:~ LK$

  11. #26

    TechieJustin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 16, 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    298
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15"
    Quote Originally Posted by lk09 View Post
    Last login: Tue Mar 9 07:59:26 on console
    ******'s-MacBook:~ LK$ cat /etc/hosts
    ##
    # Host Database
    #
    # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
    # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
    ##
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    fe80::1%lo0 localhost
    **********'s-MacBook:~ LK$
    that looks normal.

    I'm going to conclude you are infected with the aforementioned trojan. follow those instructions to get rid of it.

  12. #27


    Member Since
    Dec 30, 2009
    Posts
    26
    just did that DNSchanger trojan test and nothing was detected

  13. #28

    TechieJustin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 16, 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    298
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15"
    Question
    Quote Originally Posted by lk09 View Post
    just did that DNSchanger trojan test and nothing was detected
    Wha...?
    Um... Eh...

    Ok, I'm stumped.
    If you don't get any more responses on here head over to forums.macrumors.com and try there.
    Maybe I'll see you there when my ban wears off.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Very Strange ....
    By jmedley in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 02:46 PM
  2. Strange problem...very strange
    By boko1008 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 12:00 PM
  3. Strange...
    By Toonman in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 11:35 AM
  4. Strange one...
    By Going2fast in forum iPod Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 01:58 PM
  5. Something strange is happening, very strange
    By tafika in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •