New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

am i hosed?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Not if Apple installed the drive, which they may have.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

i called apple again with all my questions i asked here. they said the drive is a aftermarket drive but it doesnt matter because it is still covered under there policy. they just will only put a 5400 drive in it if it has to be replaced. but now the other issue it that the guy i bought it from registered the unit under his name which makes him the owner of the system. at anytime he can get a refund on the applecare without me knowing about it. i have to have him send the original invoice to apple and transfer the ownership to me. but he already told me he wasnt going to do this before because he said there was no need. but he didnt tell me he could revoke the applecare..
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Jamie View Post
Not if Apple installed the drive, which they may have.
according to apple they dont have to install the drive. it is still under warranty regardless.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Then there you go. You're A-OK. You got exactly what you ordered and everything is fine!

Correction: After reading about the seller... why won't he send the invoice?
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

i just had a communiqué with him and he now says he will take care of it tomorrow so it now sounds as if all is well..
QUOTE Thanks
MacJenny

MacJenny is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,

what was the seller's name on ebay? This is how I purchased my computer as well, and I've had no issues. I received the upgraded drive and extra memory.

15" aluminum unibody MacBook Pro, 32gb White iPhone 3GS, 160gb iPod
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

am i aloud to say his name on here?btw they told me how much he paid for my machine i guess they have to have a record of it..
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

btw i went to segates website put in my sn and it shows a 3 year warranty on the drive in question so i guess i am covered either way..
QUOTE Thanks
MacJenny

MacJenny is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
am i aloud to say his name on here?btw they told me how much he paid for my machine i guess they have to have a record of it..
I wouldn't see why not, since eBay is a public place? Not sure though.
Don't worry, you didn't get scammed. He should have been clearer as to what you were receiving but you got the good end of the stick.
I'm actually having a hardware issue on my machine with the video card, and I've already taken it in to the Genius Bar. I'll have to send it in, but they've looked at it a bit already and didn't bat an eye at the upgrades.

15" aluminum unibody MacBook Pro, 32gb White iPhone 3GS, 160gb iPod
QUOTE Thanks
TechieJustin

TechieJustin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15"

Applecare is tied to the particular machine, not the owner?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yes, its tied to the machine -- BUT humans still need to be involved the process, so it is REGISTERED to the original owner.

AppleCare is transferable, but the original buyer has to do that.
QUOTE Thanks
TechieJustin

TechieJustin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15"

I now understand.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

and the original owner has the ability to get a refund for the applecare with out the knowings of the owner of the mac
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
Yea, but as stated already... it doesn't void AppleCare. It's a free upgrade. Does the machine work? Does it feel really fun to use? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then quit your crying. I realize your concern, but we have laid that to rest since the warranty is still in tact.

If you're worried that this guy may have been lying to you, why don't you call Apple and see if there is still Apple Care for your serial number?
Ditto.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

ditto what? there are many posts after this one that explain in more depth my concern. you feel comfortable with some dude being able to remove applecare at anytime? and me being a new apple customer makes me a crier? wow
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Golfers? | OSX Mail Question »