New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Craigslist problem!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AppleFan7

AppleFan7 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

So I just switched from a pc to a mac and I am always on craigslist. But today I found out that when I email a craigslist ad to myself from the craigslist site, I never get it in my email!! Is this something with the internet security options? This is super annoying because if I want to send an ad to my email I have to find it on my iPhone and send it to my email from there. I would like to just be browsing craigslist and be bale to send myself an ad rather than doing it on my phone. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I don't know the reason for your issue. But I can tell you that I am unable to post things for sale on Craigslist using my Mac. I have to go in the office, turn on the Dell and do it from there. It will let me go through the entire process on the Mac, but when it comes to finalizing the post I've created, it just "craps out" for lack of a better term. Been like this for over a year now. *shrug* Maybe it's something the people over at Craigslist can work on improving.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

Have you tried Firefox instead? Some sites don't work well with Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFlake View Post
Have you tried Firefox instead? Some sites don't
really adhere strictly to web standards.

There, fixed that for you.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
really adhere strictly to web standards.

There, fixed that for you.
LOL, I would love to agree with you but if we always stuck to that "standard" the WEB would be a boring place.

The good news is that it is not that hard to fire off a different browser for things like that. Heck, I have to have windows just to get to my work intranet. No other browser will work.
QUOTE Thanks
AppleFan7

AppleFan7 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

Hmm yeah I am able to post ads, just not send them to my email, strange.
QUOTE Thanks
Larry H

Larry H is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB

This doesn't solve your problem, but why not take a 'screenshot' of the add and then attach it to an email and send it to yourself?

Larry H
QUOTE Thanks
ron4mac

ron4mac will become famous soon enough

There must be something particular to your situation. Sending email to myself from Craigslist works fine for me (Safari/Mail.app/.Mac addy)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Works here also - just clicked on the 'email this posting to a friend' and entered my address in both fields

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I have no problems doing any of the above tasks from my Macbook.

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« network connection | Upgraded to Snow Leopard and now everything lags »