New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

macbook pro with weird virus?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kishta

kishta is on a distinguished road

hi ya'll!!
im very new to this forum and hope im at the right place...

so the thing is that i have a macbookpro late 2008 { first model of the new mac's running with osx 10.5.8.

since 2 days ago my ipod and mac { i noticed this first on my ipod} are both mixing the alphabetical order of any list i have anywhere. itunes, ipod in anyway i decide to categorize { album ,artist etc } and also in finder . it will start with a' move to d' go to u' and so forth, in some cases one letter will be diveded into 2 groups in 2 different locations on the list....
help???
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

It's not a virus, just a problem. I have no insight beyond that, but someone probably will.
QUOTE Thanks
kishta

in a way i hope youre right. i kinda like that "no viruses for mac" thing after years of pc suffering... thanks anyways..
QUOTE Thanks
wirelessmacuser

wirelessmacuser is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishta View Post
hi ya'll!!
im very new to this forum and hope im at the right place...

so the thing is that i have a macbookpro late 2008 { first model of the new mac's running with osx 10.5.8.

since 2 days ago my ipod and mac { i noticed this first on my ipod} are both mixing the alphabetical order of any list i have anywhere. itunes, ipod in anyway i decide to categorize { album ,artist etc } and also in finder . it will start with a' move to d' go to u' and so forth, in some cases one letter will be diveded into 2 groups in 2 different locations on the list....
help???
thanks
Chances are it's not a virus. While it's possible, it's highly unlikely. There are many other possibilities. I'm sure someone will come along that can help you.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I am pretty sure that we wouldn't find out here about a Mac virus , It would be front page of every newspaper in the world and all the networks would break in to 24 hour coverage !

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

To mention nothing of the AV software manufacturers. You would be able to hear them trumpeting from down here in Australia!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
To mention nothing of the AV software manufacturers. You would be able to hear them trumpeting from down here in Australia!

Oh lord I can hear them now !

QUOTE Thanks
wirelessmacuser

wirelessmacuser is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
I am pretty sure that we wouldn't find out here about a Mac virus , It would be front page of every newspaper in the world and all the networks would break in to 24 hour coverage !
Ten points for the great humor! Actually I don't think the Mac community is big enough to get that kind of coverage. After all if viruses were as bad as everyone makes them out to be...everyone would be buying Macs. But with a slim 8% of
all computers being Macs its not a big deal. For us Mac enthusiasts, yes. For everyone else, its only a computer. No big deal.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Actually that is not true. If there was a TRUE Successful Virus on OSX, it would be all over the net. DailyTech news for one would have it as the lead story as would OS News and like was said, the AntiVirus makers. Trust me, I have seen even the FALSE so called OSX Virus's and what the news did.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Not to mention Ars, Giz, Wired, MacDailyNews, and CNet to name a few.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
Not to mention Ars, Giz, Wired, MacDailyNews, and CNet to name a few.
For sure! Many more also!
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

It's kind of hard to ascertain the problem as I'm not really sure what you're saying. Can you send a screen shot? It sounds like what happens when you click on the headings to organize by song title, artist, album, etc. If you accidentally clicked on the running time heading, and the songs are all listed by length, they'll all be out of alphabetical order.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

OOPS sorry to the OP , guess we did kinda of hijack your thread !

Clay

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

I wish I could help also but have never had this issue on any of my Macs with iTunes or any of my ipods. Will search around and see if I can find anything.
QUOTE Thanks
kishta

so im glad to find true spirits in your sails about the viruses and macs and all and its also nice to know that it isnt one... i found the solution..

while trying to define languages on preferences so ill have my native tounge as well, under international, i changed the language under "order for sorted lists".
finder got it quick , itunes needed to be shut and back on again, and it makes sense again.

well, that was fun!!
thanks for caring.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp vs Parallel ? | That was Easy »