New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Hello from a happy new Mac Mini owner

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CarpathiaMan

CarpathiaMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB HD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.9.x

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I bought a new Mac Mini just a couple of weeks before Christmas in late 2009 to replace my older G3 iMac. I really like it a lot (a very attractive piece of hardware), and it's been working out great so far. Snow Leopard is a beautiful OS, and I've had a lot of fun playing around with the bundled applications like iLife and GarageBand.

To be honest, I don't think I can accurately be described as a "switcher," because I've been using PCs since the late '80s, and I currently have a (somewhat) high-end Windows 7 machine as well. But I'm not really prejudiced against either platform -- I think they both have something to offer, and I'd like to think I can benefit and broaden my horizons by working and being familiar with more than one family of computer (I've also dabbled with Linux, but that's a story for another day).

I remember back in the early '80s when I started to get really serious about personal computing -- I spent a lot of time playing around with our family's Apple //e. We actually still have it -- although unfortunately, the monitor recently died on me. But I still have a converter that allows me to hook it up to a TV, and I also converted all of my 5.25" disks into binaries that I run with an emulator.

Anyways, thanks for having me here.

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Welcome to our community CarpathiaMan.

We look forward to your knowledge and as you will find there is a great deal of it in here.
Seeing your not a switcher, we can stay away from the usual info we give new members, but just one piece of advice is the search function here will be your greatest friend.
Look forward to seeing you about

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vince22SH™

vince22SH™ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP,2.53 GHz,4gb RAM....32 GB Ipod Touch 3G.....5th gen Ipod video 30 gb..

Welcome !!!!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathiaMan View Post
Hi everyone,
... I bought a new Mac Mini just a couple of weeks before Christmas in late 2009 to replace my older G3 iMac.
Hello, and welcome! I bought my Mini two years earlier, to replace a G3 desktop. I ended up buying AppleCare a few weeks later after several people suggested that its parts are on par with those in a laptop. So far, KOW, I haven't had to use it. Just 10 more months...

So, if you're thinking about it, my experience would be inconclusive. Yeah, I know, big help, eh?

Enjoy your new Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
CarpathiaMan

CarpathiaMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB HD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.9.x

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to using sites such as these to expand my knowledge of my Mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Figured I'd test my mac a bit before posting here... | New Mac in a couple of Hours!! »