Specs:
    iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
    Computer video to TV hookup
    What do I need to hookup my iMac video to my TV?The TV has one jack named S-video, and another yellow jack marked video.The TV is High Definition
    Zenith.Thanks for any input. Van

Specs:
    iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
    Does the TV have a HDMI port? If it does you can use the mini displayport to HDMI adapter. If not, then you would have to buy a mini displayport to dvi and then a dvi to s-video

l
    Iíll keep it short and sweet ó Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    In order to provide accurate info, you must provide:
    a) which model iMac you want to connect - year and processor speed preferable
    b) the model # of your TV
    c) do you want the sound from the TV or will you be running the sound to a stereo or 5.1 receiver

(Just as an FYI for others: Even if your Mac does have a mini displayport, you can not use a mini displayport to DVI adapter and then a DVI to S-Video adapter (or any other analog adapter for that matter) as the mini displayport to DVI adapter is DVI-D and only carries a digital signal, no analog there at all.)
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    (Just as an FYI for others: Even if your Mac does have a mini displayport, you can not use a mini displayport to DVI adapter and then a DVI to S-Video adapter (or any other analog adapter for that matter) as the mini displayport to DVI adapter is DVI-D and only carries a digital signal, no analog there at all.)
    Thanks I wasn't too sure about that. Now I know

l
    Iíll keep it short and sweet ó Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns

Thread Information