New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Awesome customer service

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

monkeywhistle

monkeywhistle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.8 unibody

Great customer service story!

I bought my first Macbook Pro only a week ago. Unfortunately, I tried loading Windows and my entire hard drive was wiped clean. I took it to my local Apple Store in Atlanta and, although they were pretty certain that the hard drive was still good, they sent me home with a brand new computer and a free 500 gig external hard drive. What could have been a sour situation turned out to be a good experience and another thumbs up for Apple.

Of course I will start backing up everything on my new external hard drive now.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Backing up IS THE WAY TO GO
And have a look at SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner.
As much as Time MAchine is a good strategy and does a great job, in case the HD falis again, its advisable to have a bootable copy. Time Machine doesnt support this as the other 2 do.
I have a small partition as a bootable clone using SD and back up mu system with that as well.
Better to be safe than sorry.
But well done with the deal from 
Good to hear stories like that every now and then

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vince22SH™

vince22SH™ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP,2.53 GHz,4gb RAM....32 GB Ipod Touch 3G.....5th gen Ipod video 30 gb..

nice!!! and congrats!!!
QUOTE Thanks
monkeywhistle

monkeywhistle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.8 unibody

Thanks for the info Tat - I'll look into that.
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

So you're saying that might be one of the ways my MBP 13 was available on refurb...somebody did something stupid to their notebook.

I keed =P
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transmission checking existing files taking forever!!! | Autosave from internet - can I turn it off? »