New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

The time has come?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

snaple

snaple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.

The Pc booted up fine, imported all my photos from my camera loaded up CS4 and Lightroom 3, then BAM blue screen of death! This has happend around 5 or 6 times to the current day, usually at around 12 ish (pm) but today at 16:18 it happend again, i was truly p'eed off.
- I have my heart set on a MacBook Pro (lower end one)
Their is one in the refurb section for 732, but can i get my student discount on it?
-Cheers, over to the iMac G4 to do my editing (that has 500mb of ram) that is particularly slow but much faster than my Pc that has 2gb, apple win.
Is this a wise choice also to convert to mac, at such an early age of 13?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

This will get bumped now.
I think getting a refurbed Mac is the way to go. My next purchase will be from the refurb store and ill be upgrading to a MBP 15".
You honestly cant go wrong as they are near new and carry the same warranty as a bought new one. As far as the student discount goes, im not sure, and this is the reason why it will be good to bump it as there are a lot of students here, and they will have a better idea.

2nd thing is no 13 isnt to young to be a Mac convert. I wish i had to opportunity to come over to the Mac side so young. If you waited until later on in life, you will be upset at yourself that you didnt switch at 13, and worst of all, you obviously have your mind set on one, having joined this forum and even gone as far as looking at the cheaper option to you, to be able to to make the switch.
IMO invest those hard earned pounds

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

We bought our first Mac because our kid's school's computer teacher recommended it since that's what they would be learning on there. We've never looked back. Now that they are not in the public schools, neither are the Macs!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Autosave from internet - can I turn it off? | OSX on Dell mini »